Sunday 1 January 2023

Annual Stitching Plans 2023

Good morning everybody, and Happy New Year!!



As you know, I usually plan my year of stitching quite meticulously. But not this year. The previous three years have shown me that when life throws me a curve ball, my stitching is the first to suffer. 

Therefore, my plans for 2023 are to have no plans! Actually, that's not quite true. I do have plans, but they are either based around SALs or very vague:

1) PEOPLE'S CHOICE SAL - first Saturday of the month hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching where we post around a theme for the month. I can do this as it requires no stitching!

2) FULLY FINISHED GALLERY SAL - 10th of the month hosted by me(!) with the idea of FFOing projects instead of leaving them unloved in a box or drawer. Again, as this involves no stitching, I should be able to FFO at least one thing per month.

3) SMALLS SAL - stitch one small project each month for Mary's link-up. I like the fact this SAL gives me a new start and quick finish every month. However, if I'm only stitching for 5-10 minutes each day, finishing even the smallest projects in my stash might be a push! We'll see.

4) WHIP THOSE WIPs! - with 75 WIPs and little interest in starting anything new, 2023 might be a good opportunity to decrease this number by working on whichever project I want, and for how long I want. Who knows, I might even become one of those *gasp* one-at-a-time stitchers!!!

5) FFO AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE - or at least one thing per month.

And that's it; simple and uncommitted!


There are two big projects which may or may not return, depending on whether I can concentrate on bigger projects. The first is Kings and Queens of England (i.e. A Monarch A Month) which it would seem silly to let fall by the wayside given that I've only got a few monarchs left to do. The second is The Loneliness Of Autumn which I am (supposed to be) SALing with Leonore and which is now ten months behind. There is little hope of catching up, I'd just continue from where I left off.

Regarding WIPs, if I can, I will try to choose stitching which revolves around topics throughout the year, such as CHRISTMAS IN JULY and DARK OCTOBER and CHRISTMAS.

Unless things really improve, there will be no MISCHIEVOUS MARCH or NAUGHTY NOVEMBER in 2023 as I simply can't commit to stitching, let alone to starting eight more new projects!

But regarding the three points above, I'll use my go-to phrase of 2023... we'll see... maybe that curve ball will go away this year...

I wonder what your plans are for the year?

Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and stitchy 2023,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

One stitch at a time is soon a finish. Good luck with your 2023 stitching, Happy New Year.

Katie said...

Sounds like great plans. Just be happy and stitch on whatever you want. Just like me.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those plans sound great to me, especially joining in with the Link-ups!
I do love to make lists and plans. You'll see some of them on The People's Choice and WIPocalypse posts this weekend!

Leonore Winterer said...

I like your plans! You know I usually go very low-key on the goals myself. Hope you'll get lots of stitching time!

Faith... said...

Those are great plans! I know several stitchers who are on the "just do what I feel like" plan. That is sort of what I did last year (and plan again for this year) and I really enjoyed it; no pressure, deadlines (for the most part) or stress. Just time to ENJOY!