Tuesday 10 January 2023

Link-up For Fully Finished Gallery SAL - January 2023

Hello all!

It's the 10th of the month so time for another Fully Finished Gallery SAL, the place to show your FFOing achievements since your last link-up.

And here's the new logo for 2023 if you haven't already grabbed it.



The link-up for this SAL opens on the 10th of each month and stays open for 10 days so you can join in whenever you're ready.



But before delving into this month's FFOs, let's take a look back at 2022.

In 2022, 264.5 FFOs were submitted by 14 different bloggers. Thank you all so much for continuing to contribute, especially when I have (yet again) been remiss at answering comments and thanking you for your entries.

For those who like statistics, here's how many participated and how many entries were received each month during 2022. January always starts well!




This is again down on previous years, but considering there are fewer bloggers and therefore fewer participants than when this SAL started in February 2019, not to mention smaller Boxes Of Shame, I'm still really happy!

In the almost four years this SAL has been running there have been 1350.5 FFOs, which is absolutely A-MA-ZING!


Usual shout-outs go to:

* Clare, Leonore and Suzanne who linked up with FFOs every month.
* Clare who, thanks to her Christmas Tree ornies, not only submitted the most FFOs in one month - 13 - but also submitted the most FFOs during the year - a whopping 108!!! (Suzanne also had a very impressive 61 FFOs)
* and Jo, who although had no FFOs in December, joined in every month and did her usual end-of-year round-up in December. Jo is also responsible for the half finish, having completed the bottom of Haunted Mansion but not the top. With so much work involved, it would have been mean not to have counted it!

And to everyone else who participated - Rita, Cathy, Christina, Mary H, Mary, Kaye, Mary, Jocondine, and Ann - another BIG THANK YOU!


Now on to 2023...

To start 2023, I have just one little finish. This is Mouse Lighting Candle, from a set of Cute (church?) Mice by CutePatternsbyMaria, started during the Tokyo Olympics and finished this time last year.

I used coordinating backing fabric (which I had to get completely symmetrical top to bottom and side to side, although it's a bit wonky now the stuffing's been added!) and added trim. I've seen many ornies finished with chenille trim and thought I would give it a go. However, chenille trim seems to be non-existent in the UK (unless you can tell me otherwise!) so I bought a small ball of chenille wool, hoping that would do the trick. But it hasn't. From a distance it looks OK but, close up, the softness and furriness has gone and the wool looks worn and more like a pipe-cleaner. Plus it keeps moulting! Needless to say, the trim will be coming off and something else attached in its place, presumably barley twist cord or maybe ribbon. But, the main thing is, I got the ornie finished, and love it!



Now it's your turn.

Please link-up using the URL of your FFG SAL post and not the home page of your blog, adding a thumbnail of a finish and either your name or your blog name as the caption. The link-up will remain open for 10 days, closing at 6am UK time on 20th January.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

And please don't forget to follow other links and support fellow fully-finish-offers!

Next month's post will go live on 10th February at 6am UK time. Hope to see you there!

Take care,
Rachel x

8 comments:

Suzanne H said...

Hi Rachel! Happy New Year! Thanks for the shout out and congrats to all the other finishers! This really helps me finish as I go and I'm all ready for Christmas. I've also finished some things last year that had been sitting around. Hopefully, I'll get to more of them this year. Can't wait to see everyone's stitching!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Thank you for hosting FFO again this year, I love seeing everyone's work. Applause all round for those who joined in especially Suzanne and Leonore for blogging each month. I cannot believe how much finishing I did last year, this year will be a lot less as I have some important projects to do. I love your Mouse lighting his candle, so cute

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done to everyone who linked up over the year, especially Clare and her marathon!
I love your little mouse ornament and hopefully you can find some better trim for it.
I managed to get something framed today!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, we've had another successful year on the SAL! I had to giggle a little about Jo's half finish.
You started the year of strongly, despite the trim issues - such a cute little mouse! Looking forward to seeing how you'll fix him up next time.

jocondine said...

Great SAL, nice to read about the year review. I'm glad to be part of the January Gallery and have big hopes for this year! Bonne Année 2023 ! xxx

Faith... said...

What a cute mouse! Though your smalls are always cute.

Congrats on such amazing stats for the FFO SAL. I am sure your encouragement and monthly reminder are a big help. LOL I was wondering about the .5 finish!

Katie said...

I love your finish. Love the backing fabric.

I'm not going to join. With our small space I don't see having time or space to get out my finishing things. Maybe some day again though.

Astrids dragon said...

I'm hoping to add to those statistics this year, it was very impressive to those who contributed!
Your sweet mouse finish is adorable! I'm sorry the trim didn't work out for you, I hope you find something you like.