Friday 20 January 2023

Mouse Reading Scroll - finished!

Hi all!

Thanks to FFOing a Merry Mice project this month, I decided I wanted to finish one from my WIPs. I had three to choose from and Mouse Reading Scroll won, mainly because he required the least amount of stitching to finish!

I started Mouse Reading Scroll during the Tokyo Olympics:



And then worked on him a bit in May last year, finishing his body and starting the scroll (but didn't take a photo) before finishing him last week:

Mouse Reading Scroll from Merry Mice by CutePatternsbyMaria (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Glacier over-dyed aida
Started - 1st August 2021
Finished - 17th January 2023
Total Stitching Time - 9 hours 30 minutes


There was a lot of backstitching again, but so worth it; he's just so sweet! I wonder what the scroll might say? Perhaps it's a long-lost recipe for the best cheese ever!

The next WIP is already out of The Box and being worked on. It shouldn't take too long to finish as there are big blocks of colour and not too much backstitching. Just right when I feel I have very little brain (that's a hint, by the way!)

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Cathy said...

He's a cutie!

Claudette497 said...

Cute finish!

Leonore Winterer said...

Such a cutie, well done! I bet the scroll is a recipe for cheese CAKE!

Little brain, huh...is is a zombie?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That mouse is adorable! The whole series are from what I remember.
I won’t say the name but I’m guessing there will be a lot of red and yellow in your next stitch?

Katie said...

Another adorable WIP finished up. I agree with you. Gotta be the best cheese recipe. Good luck on your next piece.

Faith... said...

Another cute finish! Lady you are on a roll!

Astrids dragon said...

Yes, another cutie! I'm also thinking it's a cheesecake recipe for sure!