Monday 28 March 2022

Mischievous March New Start #4 - Night Lantern

Morning again!

So we've reached the final weekend of Mischievous March. In the end it was only me and Tiff, and Katie the first week, but that's OK, especially as it seems there are very few now who are under the influence of the new start bug!

This weekend I started another stamp. I started with the night sky and then thought that since this was all about the night lantern I really should stitch that bit first, so I stitched as much of that as my sleepy eyes would allow:

Night Lantern Stamp by SweetAnnet (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct cream aida
Stitching time to date - 3 hours 20 minutes


Here's how it will look when finished:




Thankfully, that's now the end of my new starts until Naughty November (unless I sneak a crafty one in beforehand!) The next big event in my stitching calendar is Christmas in July, focusing on Christmas pieces and encouraging those who stitch ornies for Christmas to make an early start. So between now and then there should be lots of progress and, hopefully, a few finishes.

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Hi there, long time no see.
I’m aiming to try to blog more often - we’ll see!
Love your lantern stamp, it’s very pretty.
I’ve had a couple of new starts in March and will probably be starting more this month.
I’ve been tempted by lots of cross stitch lately.
Barbara x

Tiffstitch said...

This one is so cool! I love that look with the lantern and stars. Beautiful start!

Faith... said...

I love the background of night sky and stars on this one!

I hope to be back to lots of new starts next year if you guys are still doing these little SALs.

Leonore Winterer said...

OH, that's a pretty one! Great start too. I'm more in a finishing mood currently, but maybe I'll join you in November? We shall see :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That stamp is so pretty, a very nice little design. I'm doing No New Starts 22 challenge this year and trying to focus on my larger WIPs. I am continuing with my Just Nan-athon next month though, so lots of Smalls.

Katie said...

March got away from me. Wow it's April 13th already. I'm just always behind haha. Love this new start. Beautiful!