Friday 25 March 2022

Smalls SAL - March 2022

Hello all!

It's the last Friday of the month so time for the Smalls SAL. Thank you, Mary, for continuing to host this fun little SAL. Pop over to Mary's Blog to see what other participants have been stitching in the way of Smalls this month.



Each month I stitch a small project specifically for this SAL which doesn't appear elsewhere on my blog.

This month it's another dragon but not another Snuffles. Back in 2019 I stitched a couple of  'Crazy For Dragons' from Cross Stitch Crazy magazine, and this month I have stitched a third:

Green Flying Dragon from Cross Stitch Crazy issue 81
Stitch count 38 wide by 30 high
Stitched on 16ct Aqua over-dyed aida 2 over 2
Started - 22nd March 2022
Finished - 25th March 2022
Total stitching time - 5 hours 15 minutes


He's sooooo cute!!!

Before stitching this dragon, I pulled out the first one I'd stitched and noticed that the main body was a lighter green than charted. Luckily (because I hadn't written the number down!) it didn't take too long to find the relevant thread. It wouldn't have mattered if they'd been slightly different, but I'm glad they're the same.


And then there is my usual monarch of the month, this time George III. The middle of March has been a bit weird so his post hasn't gone up yet, but it should be going up over the weekend:



I think for next month's small I'm going to feel a bit fruity!!

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Green Flying Dragon is so cute. Hello to George III I look forward to learning more about him.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a cute dragon! And what's up with George III? Looking forward to finding out why he's upside down!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What an adorable dragon! I know why King George III is upsidedown! I've seen the film LOL. I also know why they dropped the III from the film title - it was so Americans didn't think they had missed the first two in the franchise.

Faith... said...

Cute stitching Rachel. Love your new dragon and the fabric looks like ethe perfect color for him!

Mary's Thread said...

Thanks for joining the SAL Rachel! Both your pieces this month are really cute!

Katie said...

Of course I love the little dragon. The monarch is cute too of course. Trying to catch up...again haha.