Thursday 24 December 2020

Smalls SAL - December 2020

Hello all!

I'm posting this a day early as I always have a special post on Christmas Day and like to post things separately.

It's the last Friday of the month so time for the Smalls SAL. Thank you, Mary, for continuing to host this fun little SAL. Pop over to Mary's Blog to see what other participants have been stitching in the way of Smalls this month.




Each month I stitch a small project specifically for this SAL which doesn't appear elsewhere on my blog.

For December I stitched the fourth of six Christmas Words Cards by Durene Jones:

Let It Snow by Durene Jones (etsy)
Stitch Count 45 wide by 45 high
Stitched on 16ct white lurex aida
Started - 6th December 2020
Finished - 11th December 2020
Total stitching time - 8 hours 50 minutes


Like last month's, I changed the blues and added beads instead of french knots. Another piece ready just in time for Christmas!

In this Smalls SAL I'm also re-showing other qualifying small projects I've stitched during the month. This month's it's just my monarch, Elizabeth I:



For the start of 2021 I have a set of five cuties planned. They tell a little story - if I get them in the right order. I can't wait to start the first one!

Take care,
Rachel x

8 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Two pretty finishes. I'm pleased to say that it is not snowing here though a cold spell is forecast from tomorrow.
Happy Christmas.

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Rachel. Merry Christmas.

Linda

Cathy said...

Merry Christmas! Your snowman is adorable. I'm looking forward to what you'll be stitching next year.

Leonore Winterer said...

Merry Christmas! What a cutie.

Katie said...

Beautiful. Can't wait to see your plans.

Astrids dragon said...

Yes, please let it snow! Such a cute finish!
Looking forward to seeing more cuties.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

No snow please! But the Snowman is very cute.

Faith... said...

I just love that snowman! He is adorable and I can say I agree with him, let it snow since it won's snow here! 😊