Wednesday 16 December 2020

Daisy Hugs - finished!

Hi all!

Yes, it's another finish, and the second this month from WIPs started way back in 2015. Go me!

After finishing Daisy Umbrella a couple of weeks ago my heart was set on finishing this one too. It's finish number 37/59 for Debbie's Super Duper Ultimate Crazy January February Challenge, and probably my last finish of 2020.

Here's how you last saw the hugging mice (well, the daisy at least!) back in March 2015:



And now finished:

Daisy Umbrella (my title) by Margaret Sherry
Stitch count - 45 wide by 62 high
Stitched on 16ct antique white aida
Started - 6th January 2015
Finished - 15th December 2020
Total stitching time - 23 hours 45 minutes


Due to the number of fractionals, and thread splitting for the backstitching, I think this will probably be the last time I stitch a Margaret Sherry on aida; I say 'probably' because I know I've started two others on aida and will have to decide (when I eventually get to them) whether to carry on or restart hem on evenweave. Luckily they're both small, and I haven't stitched that much, so abandoning/restarting them won't be too wasteful.

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Another cute finish. I hate the thread spilting on designs. I've recently stitched a design on 25ct Lugana and it was a pain splitting the threads when backstitching.

Clare-Aimetu said...

That is such a cute design, congratulations on another wip finish

Linda said...

Congrats on another cute finish Rachel.

Linda

Faith... said...

Oh aren't they just the cutest! Fractional stitches are the one thing about her designs that I don't like! Unfortunately for me I don't stitch on linen so aida it is!

Cathy said...

That's a really cute finish! I understand about her fractional stitches; I try to stitch those on evenweave. Of course they are easier on 14-count.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

They are adorable! I'd be inclined to restart the others on evenweave, especially as they are so small.

Leonore Winterer said...

Another finish so close to year's end, well done! These mice are all really sweet, I can see why you like them.

Tiffstitch said...

You did it! One more finish, well done. Such a cute one too.

Katie said...

Adorable. Love how they are hugging.

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, what an adorable finish! It looks like a perfect display for February.