Monday 15 January 2024

The Loneliness Of Autumn - 280 hours

Hello everyone!

The Loneliness Of Autumn is back... again!!

I don't know how Leonore puts up with me being so remiss at keeping up with this 'SAL', and I hate that I am 21 months behind, but... fingers crossed this time I will be back for good.

So this 10 hour stint consisted of:

 - 7h 40m to finish off colour number 13, 838 very dark coffee brown, which can best be seen in the reflections of the bench and the tree on the right.

 - 2h 20m of colour number 14, 820 very dark royal blue, which has only been stitched in the top quarter but some small differences can be seen.


Here are the 270 and 280 hour comparisons:



Let's hope I can keep this momentum going, and perhaps even post more than once per month. With Leonore tentatively aiming to finish her version this year, I've added incentive to work much harder!

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great to see this again, good luck to you both with this project

Pamela said...

This is gorgeous! I’ve also been checking out Leonore’s progress.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm looking forward to seeing much more of your gorgeous version of this design, great going! However, I am not sure how I feel about the fact that I have spent more than double the amount of time on this than you have, and hit 580 hours this month...

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I love seeing this project. I hope you manage to finish it this year.

Renee said...

Beautiful progress on such a beautiful piece!

Astrids dragon said...

It's nice to see this come back with added stitches!

Faith... said...

It is gorgeous Rachel! I can really see the difference in the coverage. Congratulations on such great work!

Faith... said...

I see I am wayyyy behind at visiting you, so I will be catching up with your soon... sorry!

Katie said...

Great to see you back to this one. I worked on a Mill Hill this way and really really enjoyed watching it grow one symbol at a time.

Tiffstitch said...

Love seeing this one again, and nice to know it might come out a few more times this year. Definitely can tell the difference and good luck with colour completion!