Monday 22 January 2024

A-Z of WIPs Challenge 2024 - A and B

Good afternoon!

The A-Z of WIPs Challenge 2024 is a new little SAL being attempted by Serendipitous Jo and myself to stitch our way through our alphabet of WIPs at two/three per month, starting with A and B in January and finishing with Y and Z in December. It's a way of ensuring some of our WIPs receive at least a couple of hours attention this year!



Jo will be using the three days of IHSW for this challenge whereas I'll stitch earlier in the month, for two days on each, but post with Jo after IHSW. Jo's post is here.


So here are my A and B for January:

A is for... Let's Breeze Into Autumn, a 'Words' design by Ursula Michael, stitched on Shades of Autumn aida
Started November 2020 - last worked on April 2023.
On these Words charts, I like to stitch the easy bits first, so that's what I mostly concentrated on over the two days. The main words will probably be stitched last.


Stitching time to date - 11 hours 20 minutes


B is for... Basket Case, a Little Black Cat design by Toni Goffe for Heritage Crafts.
Started May 2020 - last worked on April 2023.
I genuinely can't wait to get to the wicker basket, but first there are hours of blue background to stitch so, once I'd stitched the picture frame, that's what I did. Next time I pick this up, I might fill in the picture.


Stitching time to date - 7 hours 55 minutes


I love how much progress can be made in a few hours, and how that progress is really noticeable. I am not planning on working on either again this year, so back into the WIP box they go.

Next month C and D.

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Katie said...

Fun progress on both pieces. Fun idea for a SAL. I love the acrostic type challenges. Probably my favorite kind especially when you can be creative haha. Next month I'm using a Dragon for O because there is an O haha.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great progress on two lovely projects. I steer away from background pieces but I've never though of doing the background first, good idea

Faith... said...

Lots of great work on Let's Breeze Into Autumn. Basket Case is so cute with that little kitten peeking out of the basket! Such a great start on that piece too!

Tiffstitch said...

Such a fun idea to get out projects that might not have been worked on in a while. Love these choices and nice progress on both!

Leonore Winterer said...

Even one or two days can make a lot of difference! I loved seeing these two again. Autumn might be something for the 2025 shortlist, may? It doesn't look like it'll need that much more work.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the first two letters! Two very different projects too.