Saturday 6 January 2024

People's Choice SAL - Designer Of 2024

Hello everyone!

It's the first Saturday of the month, and of another New Year, so time for, what is (at least for the time being) the final People's Choice SAL.

Jo, this has been a wonderful SAL and I have loved going through my finishes, WIPs and stash each month looking for pieces to match the theme. Thank you for the unique idea, thank you for hosting for five years, and thanks (I think!) to all participants for the enabling!



So we end with the theme of my chosen Designer Of 2024.

If the Designer Of 2024 correlates with the amount of pieces I will be stitching by any one designer over the course of the year, then the winner will be ZindagiDesigns on etsy, as they will provide the 12 pieces I am hoping to stitch for the Smalls SAL.

The story behind this purchase is that I fell in love with some Scandi/Nordic Christmas fabric and needed designs to go on them. A search through etsy revealed ZindagiDesigns as the closest to my requirements.

I love how three variations of the same theme are offered. I chose the square ones, although won't be stitching the numbers so some will require a bit of jiggling around.





Other than ZindagiDesigns, my planned WIPs and new starts for 2024 cover no less than 25 different designers, both companies and individuals, five of which will be new to me. I think I can safely say that I am not exactly a mega-fan of any particular company or person, at least not this year!

Perhaps, in another year, concentrating on a particular designer or two might be a good way of making progress on or whipping WIPs. Now there's food for thought...!

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Pamela said...

This designer is new to me, but I like the pieces you’ve shown!

jocondine said...

Great patterns and I love the white/red/light brown only three colors. Do you plan to keep this choice of colors or change them? xxx

Katie said...

I swear there are new designers all the time. Which is great on one hand because wow variety sure isn't a problem. But on the other hand it doesn't help the I need to stitch it all haha.

Lovely designer. Glad you found them.

Leonore Winterer said...

You always discover the most fun designers on Etsy - these all look like they will be nice little palate cleansers to stitch each month, with the size and small set of colours!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month and so many previous months. It's always been fun to see what you have to share with us.
Maybe I should keep The Designer of the Year post going? Just so we can see who you have discovered each year!

Faith... said...

Very cute new ornaments for the holiday. I am positive that you will accomplish stitching this set this year.

I think that there are more designers than one person can ever look at!