Friday 29 July 2022

Smalls SAL - July 2022

Hello all!

It's the last Friday of the month so time for the Smalls SAL. Thank you, Mary, for continuing to host this fun little SAL. Pop over to Mary's Blog to see what other participants have been stitching in the way of Smalls this month.



Each month I stitch a small project specifically for this SAL which doesn't appear elsewhere on my blog.

Seeing as my focus this month is Christmas In July, so my Smalls SAL is Christmassy. I've stitched a few Lizzie Kate Tiny Tidings designs in the past, but none since this time last year, so am due another one. I usually add a few beads to each dsign, but liked the fact this one had space for a charm. How convenient I should have a perfect one in my stash!

Deck The Halls from Tiny Tidings IX by Lizzie Kate
Stitched on 16ct Cloud Brown over-dyed aida
Started - 23rd July 2022
Finished - 28th July 2022
Total stitching time - 6 hours 35 minutes


At first I wasn't overly keen on the blue house, especially given that all the other Tiny Tidings I've stitched so far stick to browns, greens, pinks and reds. Do you think it might look better with, say, a dark red roof and a mid-brown bricks? Honest opinions please.

Without even looking through my Smalls list, I think next month's offering is going to have to be another Snuffles... but which colour???

Take care,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

I like your house, it gives a contrast to the writing. If you change the colour it may look a bit one dimensional but it's a lovely design whatever you decide.

Leonore Winterer said...

How cute! I like the blue, adds a splash of colour.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like the blue too, I'm a fan of blue.
How about a bronze Snuffles? Or a non-metallic version of bronze?