Saturday 2 July 2022

People's Choice SAL - Pets

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Pets.

When pets are mentioned it's usually cats and dogs that spring to mind, probably followed by small furry animals, fish and birds. I've owned various birds most of my life, and had guinea pigs for ten years, but am now down to just one cockatiel. I'm not planning on any more pets after that, but who knows.

Looking back through this SAL, cats and birds were themes in October 2019 and February 2021 respectively, but dogs, furry animals and fish have never been themes (three more for the list, Jo?)

To save inundating you with the many cats, dogs, birds and furry animals I've stitched, I'll show just one (set) from each category.

Dogs - Durene Jones designs lots of cute animals and although this set of five dogs are really cute, at least they also look fairly realistic:





Cats - Margaret Sherry also designs lots of cute animals, including Contentious and Cantankerous, two from her 'Cattitudes' range. These always make me smile:



Birds - I've taken a bit if a tangent with the birds in order to show Hedwig In A Bottle. I know it's not normal to have an owl as a pet, but in the magical world of Harry Potter anything is possible!



Furry - it has to be Walter. He's definitely one very spoilt pet!



I could get lost in the amount of pets (mostly cats, dogs and mice) I have in my WIP pile, my stash or would like to own but, out of all of them, I think OMG Tigger Is Out by UnconventionalX (etsy) is the one which deserves the most attention. My measly start, back in 2015, was from a time when I thought I could be invincible stitching lots of big designs:




That's it for my pets. Next month's theme is Outer Space.

Take care,
Rachel x

2 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Great selection of pets - you know I love Walter!
Also happy to see Tigger. Any plans to bring him out and give him some love soon?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Nice to see some slightly different pets too! Who wouldn't want an owl as a pet, or should that be Whoooo hahaha.