Thursday 7 July 2022

Elixir Of Life - finished!

Hi all,

Yep, I have a finish, one of the four new projects I started during this year's Mischievous March.

I wondered at the end of the Elixir Of Life's 10 hour post whether it would be finished by 20 hours. The answer was no, by quite a long way. But I didn't bother with a 20 hour post because there was only a little bit of stitching and all the backstitching left to do.

Here's a reminder of how it looked at 10 hours:



Here's the stitching finished after 20 hours and 40 minutes:



And here's the finished product after an additional 3.5 hours(!) of backstitching:

Elixir Of Life by CrazyBlendShop (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Margarita over-dyed aida
Started - 5th March 2022
Finished - 4th July 2022
Total stitching time - 24 hours 10 minutes


There were four colours and seven symbols involved in the backstitching, which I didn't mind at all as it was great seeing the little bottle come to life.

I'm now working on my Christmas In July pieces and, since I've dropped my 'compulsory stitching' expect to make fairly good progress. However, I've just realised it's the 7th July and I haven't yet FFOd anything for the 10th... better amend that straight away!

Take care,
Rachel x

2 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow! I didn't realize this little bottle had that much back stitch. It looks amazing!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance! That is a lot of backstitch but worth every stitch, it really brings the design to life.