Sunday 17 July 2022

Christmas In July - mid-month update

Hi all,

Well, just like the last few months, Christmas In July isn't quite going to plan. However, it's not all doom and gloom as slow but steady progress is being made. :)

At the beginning of the year, my plan for July was to stitch a monarch, stitch 10 hours on The Loneliness of Autumn, stitch a Christmas Small and then work on Lizzie Kate's Merry Christmas By The Letter for the rest of month.

Instead, I spent the first four days finishing off Elixir Of Life (not exactly a bad decision) have dropped the monarch and The Loneliness Of Autumn, haven't started the small, but have spent 12 days / 8h 15m stitching two small panels on the LK. Like I said, slow but steady progress.

Here was the starting point (with the fabric looking really washed out):



And now with the R and I panels added, and the S panel just started:



I've still got buttons and beads to add at the end so what's stitched so far isn't quite complete.

If I can get the S and T panels stitched up in July I'll be happy; anything more would be a bonus.

I may not have been doing as much stitching as I would have liked, but I have (finally and again) caught up with emails and blogs. Even five months down the line I was determined to catch up, and it's been great to see how much has been achieved whilst I wasn't reading posts. Cross stitching is still very much alive!

If you're also stitching Christmas In July, I hope it's going well.

Take care,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Faith... said...

Sorry your plans are going awry but you know what happens to plans! Glad to see you are getting in some Christmas stitching though. I love this design and yours is looking great! Here is hoping we see the S and T before you put this piece down!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Stitching plans are really just 'if I have time' lists haha, they are fab to have and super fab if achieved but any progress is a celebration, that goes for blog reading too, I'm often a bit behind.

Leonore Winterer said...

What is it they say about the best laid plans...but then, your progress looks great, and is nothing to turn up you nose at! I was also glad to see you catching up on comments and reading, was lovely to hear from you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Lizzie*Kate is looking great and it's a much better idea to stitch on what you like rather than what you are obligated to stitch!
Your board, your rules LOL