Monday 1 August 2022

Christmas In July - round-up (plus one new start and three finishes)

Hi all,

So I've reached the end of Christmas In July. If you've been stitching for Christmas In July I hope you enjoyed it!

For the majority of the month I focused on two Lizzie Kate charts, although did have time for a couple of small finishes and a surprise new start and finish.

The big focus was Merry Christmas By The Letter which started like this...


... and ended like this, with 17 hours and 20 minutes of stitching resulting in the addition of four more panels. That brings the total time spent on this so far to 51 hours and 40 minutes. I really hope this will be a finish when I return to it in December.



The other Lizzie Kate Christmas piece was a Tiny Tidings I stitched for the Smalls SAL:



As for the other stitching...

I decided to take some time out on Sunday and stitch a very small Christmas design. I won't tell you what it says - you'll have to find out for yourself (I have tested it and it does work):

QR Code
Stitched on 16ct Holly over-dyed aida with sparkles using DMC 321 and 987
Stitch count 21 wide by 21 high
Started - 31st July 2022
Finished - 31st July 2022
Total stitching time - 1 hour 35 minutes


And finally I finished another two letters (which I've been slowly adding to for the last few months) for Clare's Alphabet Christmas Tree. I won't share pictures of them as Clare won't have received them yet. They'll appear in my August Smalls SAL though.

So quite a successful Christmas month.

The next month with a specific focus is Dark October, meaning that I now have August and September to maybe try to catch up on the Monarchs and The Loneliness Of Autumn.

Or... if I still can't focus on those, perhaps I'll slip in a new start (or three). I've been wanting to try a biscornu for a while and now have some suitable geometric-type charts along with a few Jodyri variegated threads I treated myself to. Sounds like the perfect combination, don't you think?!

Take care,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching for Christmas in July (August is Christmas stitching with the Topsy Turvy SAL). Oh wow, I better watch out for Postie, thank you so much.

Faith... said...

You made some good progress on your LK Christmas by the Letter charts. I meant to look for my set of those charts but well... I forgot. Which fabric is more like the real color? There was a time when I had a friend with a LNS and I bought every LK chart when it came out so I have quite a few filed away! Deck the Halls is cute too and I love your QR code. Did you design it yourself? I would like to wish the same to you.

I will have to look and see of I have any Halloween started or not for October.

Looking forward to seeing your biscornu start!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, what a successful month of Christmas stitching! Looks like you can finish the big LK one in December for sure, and that QR code is very cute :) I'd love to see you stitch a biscornu, would make a great addition to your FFG!