Saturday 6 August 2022

People's Choice SAL - Outer Space

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Outer Space.

Given that I am in awe of the universe, and love looking at pictures of galaxies, nebulae etc., I'm very disappointed with the amount I've stitched for this topic. Obviously, in this instance, a love of something doesn't naturally lead to stitching it. Maybe it's the thought of having to stitch on black or very dark fabric to get the space effect that's so off-putting.

So I've only actually got one Outer Space finish, the officers from Star Trek The Next Generation by PixelPower, and that's only Outer Space-y because it's where they work! The officers from Star Trek The Original Series have been started but are not worth showing as I've only stitched Uhura's hair (RIP, Nichelle).



More Outer Space-y is a chart called Planets Align V which I bought from Tilton Crafts many many years ago. I had this big idea of chopping off the top and bottom and stitching the five sections individually, but we all know what happens to my big ideas! It might still be a possibility one day, but I very much doubt it (if I did, I'd stitch the pink section first).



One thing I would love to stitch, though, is Blood Moon by Mystic Stitch but, again, it's a biggun' at 300x300. Perhaps if I found a smaller version at 100x100 I would consider it, but I deliberately haven't looked!



On my etsy watch list, though, are these Galaxy Hoops by Stitchrovia...



... and this Galaxy Temperature SAL by ClimbingGoatDesigns. I don't think I'd actually stitch this as a temperature SAL, but I do like the design.



And just as I was about to end, I thought of two more things I've stitched - two monsters which I guess are Outer Space-y:



So, not much in the way of stitching, but plenty of potential options!

Next month's theme is Sea Creatures.

Take care,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I was the same as you! I did try to avoid Moons as that would be a good choice for a future post.
I like those Galaxy Hoops a lot.

jocondine said...

Great stitching! I love your charts there are amazing, please keep them on the top of your to do list. Galaxy Hoops look awesome, hoops are perfect for this theme and DH must stay far away from this pictures or I'll have to buy the patterns. xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Great selection, even for not having stitched a lot - the Tilton chart is gorgeous! I have that temperature SAL on my maybe-list for next year, but not quite sure yet.