Wednesday 4 May 2022

Watercolour Dolphin - finished!

Hi all,

April was definitely an 'I can't concentrate on big projects' month, so I switched to finishing off a few smaller pieces, most of which needed minimal brain power!

Following on from French Country Squirrel and French Country Pumpkin, I picked up Watercolour Dolphin, another which needed no thread-changing and therefore no symbol following. After a few hours it had gone from this tiny start:


To this lovely finish:

Watercolour Dolphin by StitchItPicasso (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Bermuda over-dyed aida using ThreadworX 11382 Blue Swirl
Started - 5th September 2021
Finished - 30th April 2022
Total stitching time - 9 hours 25 minutes


This was the final piece started during the Tokyo Paralympics and has now become the final finish, so I'm really happy with that. All 13 projects for the Paralympics used ThreadworX variegated threads and I loved every one of them. I'm not usually a big fan of how variegated threads stitch up stripy, but these all worked for me, probably because I chose threads dyed with hues of one colour rather than threads dyed with multiple contrasting colours.

Now I need to focus on getting back to the bigger more complicated projects - it's catch-up time... again!!

Take care,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Faith... said...

Big congrats on finishing all 13! That is an accomplishment for sure. I love how the Dolphin looks. You don't like the stripe effect of the variegated floss and that is just what I love about it, how it gives some contrast to the piece.

Leonore Winterer said...

How fortunate that you had a number of appropriate WIPs for your current stitching mood on hand. They all looked gorgeous and I enjoyed seeing them!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a gorgeous finish, the blue thread is perfect for the design too.

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful finish! I love how those blues work together. I had a busy, scattered April as well. I hope things are better now.