Friday 29 April 2022

Smalls SAL - April 2022

Hello all!

It's the last Friday of the month so time for the Smalls SAL. Thank you, Mary, for continuing to host this fun little SAL. Pop over to Mary's Blog to see what other participants have been stitching in the way of Smalls this month.



Each month I stitch a small project specifically for this SAL which doesn't appear elsewhere on my blog.

This month I thought I'd return to the Cheeky Fruit collection. Back in 2018 (was it really 4 years ago?!) I stitched the raspberry, pear, pineapple and banana, and thought it about time I added a few more. So, to begin with, here is the strawberry:

Strawberry from Fabulous Fruit in Cross Stitch Crazy issue 192 (I think)
Stitched on 16ct Sorbet over-dyed aida
Started - 13th April 2022
Finished - 23rd April 2022
Total stitching time - 6 hours 5 minutes


Isn't he a funny little chap? The chart doesn't call for them, but I think I might add a white french knot to each eye as his don't look quite right without them.


And then there is my usual monarch of the month, the very merry George IV:



No, you haven't missed George IV's post - for the third month in a row I've stitched but not posted A Monarch A Month. Must rectify that soon!

For next month's small I'll be heading under the sea.

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your strawberry looks very cheeky hee her. Nice to see George enjoying himself

Faith... said...

I don't know if that strawberry is cheeky looking or sassy! George is looking pretty jubilant there; I think his bottle must be empty! :)

Leonore Winterer said...

That strawberry is cute! I can't remember his fruity siblings, that must have been before I started reading your blog. But I'm looking forward to seeing more of the collection!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a fab strawberry! Do you remember the Munch Bunch? Not sure if they had a strawberry in their gang but Google would.
Love the Merry Monarch too.

Mary's Thread said...

Thank you for joining the SAL! I love your strawberry and your merry King George. He looks like the life of the party!

Tiffstitch said...

Nice finishes! And even if getting the Monarch post didn't happen, you're keeping up with the stitching.