Friday 15 April 2022

French Country Squirrel - finished!

Hi all!

Since the end of the Winter Paralympics a month ago I just can't seem to focus on anything relating to stitching or blogging.

Instead of keeping up-to-date, I've fallen behind again. And instead of stitching on the things I should be stitching on, I've been jumping all over the place and choosing the project which most appeals to me that evening.

Which means I have an unplanned finish!

This little cutie was started for day 11 of last year's Tokyo Summer Olympics and was chosen simply because I didn't want to keep changing colours:


French Country Squirrel by JBW Designs
Stitched on 16ct Lichen over-dyed aida with ThreadworX 10771 Autumn
Started - 3rd September 2021
Finished - 9th April 2022
Total stitching time - 6 hours 45 minutes


I love these designs, trying to spot all of the little motifs hidden within - can you see a bird, an owl, a heart, a basket, an apple/pumpkin, a couple of squirrels and various nuts?

I have the perfect backing fabric to make him into a mini pillow so, hopefully, he won't spend too long in my Box Of Shame. It all depends on how focused I can be.

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

He's so cute. I'll look out for him in your next FFO post ... no pressure hee hee

Suzanne H said...

This is adorable! I love the little acorns at the bottom.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful little squirrel! Stitching is supposed to be fun, no pressure so just stitch WYW,WYW. What you want, when you want, pronounced weewee.

Faith... said...

Cute squirrel. With all those motifs on him he looks like he has been doing a lot of squirreling away!

Leonore Winterer said...

Such a sweetheart, looks like he was very fun to stitch too! I sometimes get those phases when I just flit around from project to project, and I think as long as you are having fun (and maybe don't add too many new starts to your pile!) that's completely fine - every stitch is progress, no matter on what!

Katie said...

I've been going through the same thing so don't feel bad. I just feel so far behind all the time. Lovely finish. I've done this one. I agree with you. Love the hidden motifs.

Tiffstitch said...

Very cute finish. I love the squirrel within a squirrel idea too.