Saturday 7 May 2022

People's Choice SAL - Witches

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Witches.

Witches are normally associated with Halloween and, up until I started blogging, this was not a topic I was interested in stitching. Now I find myself liking certain types of Halloween designs, although witches tend not to feature too much. Let's see what I can find...

Sorciere, or French Country Witch, by JBW Designs was my first witch. Stitched in 2016, this was the design that started me off using variegated threads on JBW's 'French Country' designs, not that you can really see that this thread is variegated, but it is, just:



Then it wasn't until 2019 when I stitched my second witch, the sickeningly cute Soda Stitch's A Little Witch Of The Night:



I could also include my Witchy Spookie Hootie; is it a witchy-owl or an owl dressed up like a witch?



And since every witch needs one, how about a lone witch's hat:



Now for stash...

In my collection since 2000 has been Alluring Sorceress (and her male compatriot, Midnight Enchanter). I keep saying I want to start them, but never do. Give it another 22 years and she might end up on my scroll bars!



Although I don't have Mill Hill's Wanda The Witch herself, I do have Wanda's Wands and Wanda's Witchery because, just like a hat, every witch needs her own house and cupboard in which to store her goodies and create her concoctions!




And, finally, back to a hat. This is Tribal Witch Hat by White Willow Stitching. I've never started this as I don't really know how to stitch it... One colour? One variegated colour? Each symbol in black or green or purple or orange? The possibilities are endless and, as yet, unresolved!



That's it for my trawl through witches. Next month's theme is Beads! I have a feeling Mirabilia and Nora Corbett will crop up quite often in this one!

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

jocondine said...

Lovely stitchings, the witchy owl is so cute! Great patterns I hope you'll start soon. For the last one, maybe you can take a reel hat, put choices on papers and draw the solution to leave it to chance! xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Great collection of witches stitched and unstitched! I do hope the sorceress will make it into your rotation eventually, she is stunning.

Mary's Thread said...

What cute and fun witches! That soda stitch one is darling.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. You did well for a non-Halloween stitcher! I think the Hootie may be a witch's familiar trying on her hat!
Love that Sorceress, she's fabulous.
I

Tiffstitch said...

Oh these are so fun! I love the finishes and the possible WIPs as well.

FlashinScissors said...

Loved seeing your witchy pictures!
I have a few patterns saved away but can’t decide witch ones to stitch! 😂🤣😂🤣
Barbara xx