Wednesday 4 November 2020

JBW Advent Calendar - Days 24 and 25 (and complete calendar) finished!

Hi all!

This year I was hoping to stitch all of the 24 designs which make up JBW Designs' Advent Calendar.



And I have! I've now finished the final date, number 24, Santa, not that it's particularly clear being white on white...

Started - 14th August 2020
Finished - 2nd November 2020
Total stitching time - 2 hours 15 minutes

... along with an additional simple one for Christmas Day, because there were 25 buttons in the pack and I couldn't leave the last one out!

Started - 14th August 2020
Finished - 3rd November 2020
Total stitching time - 2 hours 35 minutes


Each one is supposed to have a special charm, but since they were very specific, and therefore expensive, I bought a variety of teeny ones and added one of them to each day instead. I also added beads to some of them (when I remembered!) for an additional bit of bling.

Here they all are together:















With hindsight, I wish I'd paid more attention to the thread colours and actually looked at them before I started stitching. I would have definitely cut out some of the colours and worked with a much smaller palette, but it's all done and too late now; in fact it was too late after I'd stitched the first half dozen or so!

Once these final two have been FFOd they'll all be ready for hanging on 1st December - yay!

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Ann C. said...

Great job Rachel! They look lovely. Congratulations on completing them with lots of time to spare for other stitching.

Linda said...

Congrats Rachel. They all look great. They will look fabulous on your tree.

Linda

Annie said...

Stunning! Well done on finishing a Xmas project BEFORE Christmas, haha!

FlashinScissors said...

Well done Rachel, they look great!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Tiffstitch said...

They look amazing!! And congratulations on completing the project well before December 1st too.

Faith... said...

Congratulations Rachel!! You did an awesome job on this piece. The charms look great on their square also.

Astrids dragon said...

So exciting, they look great! This will really be an exciting December this year for you, such fun!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These are so cute! I love the little tree and the wreath swag but they are all cute.

Leonore Winterer said...

Good job finishing all of them in time! They are really cute with their little charms.

Katie said...

I just LOVE how these turned out. What a fun idea!! It's been fun cheering them along.