Friday 7 August 2020

Hogwarts In A Bottle - 170 hours

Hi there!

It's been far too long since I spent time on Hogwarts (middle of March in fact) but, thankfully, I've finally managed another 10 hours and, as you can see from the pictures, THERE'S A TRAIN!!! Or at least a good portion of it.

As I left it back in March:


And now:



I did think about working up and stitching the clouds of steam first, but I couldn't resist starting the train any longer! Isn't it lovely to finally see the red?

During August I'd like to finish the train and get some more backstitching in. Now I've returned to it, there's no way Hogwarts will be neglected again; by hook or by crook, this will be a finish this year!

Take care,
Rachel x

9 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, it's been since March? I do love seeing the red and the train being added. So close to a finish!

Katie said...

So happy to see this one back out. I know how much you love it. I don't blame you for not being able to wait any longer. I'm glad. That red is just beautiful.

Linda said...

Awesome progress Rachel. It looks amazing.

Linda

Cathy said...

When I saw your current picture, I thought you could probably finish it this year. Have you figured out how many more rotations it will take? I was waiting for the train to appear, too.

Faith... said...

Hogwarts is looking good Rachel! Love the train and it's little pop of color. Hope you get to finish it this year like you want and those other 62 WIPs don't jump out at you instead.

Quilting Tangent said...

Great job! Now for the train. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You started the train! The final destination must be near. It's looking so good.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm very happy to see Hogwarts make an appearance, and it looks great! So nice to have the train show up. Looks like 3, no more than 4 rotations should get this done?

Tiffstitch said...

That looks so amazing!! Wow! And you're so close.