Friday 27 March 2020

Smalls SAL - March 2020

Hello all!

It's the last Friday of the month so time for the Smalls SAL. Thank you, Mary, for continuing to host this fun little SAL. Pop over to Mary's Blog to see what other participants have been stitching in the way of Smalls this month.



Each month I stitch a small project specifically for this SAL which doesn't appear elsewhere on my blog.

This month it was another kit 'inherited' from my mum. This little polar bear was enjoyable to stitch and watch come together, although the cotton evenweave I chose to stitch him on was quite flimsy. I guess it's probably because I'm so used to aida. Anyway, here he is:

Polar Bear Cub from the 'Little Friends' range by Heritage Crafts
Stitch Count 35 wide by 35 high
Stitched on 32ct cloud blue sky over-dyed evenweave 2 over 1
Started - 3rd March 2020
Finished - 22nd March 2020
Total stitching time - 7 hours 40 minutes


In this Smalls SAL I'm also re-showing other qualifying small projects I've stitched during the month. This month it's just my Monarch, Henry V:



That's all for this month; see you next month with something very pink!

Take care,
Rachel x

12 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Rachel. Polar bears are my favorite.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Love the little polar bear, and even if the fabric was flimsy, it looks very nice.

Cathy said...

You chose a real cute little guy for this month's SAL!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Polar bear is a cutie, and as you know Henry V simone of my favourite monarchs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The polar bear is adorable. I wonder how you will finish him?

Faith... said...

Love the polar bear, he is a cutie!

Mini said...

The polar bear is so cute. Take care.

Elfie said...

Two lovely Smalls, Rachel. The polar bear is so charming - a real cutie!

Leonore Winterer said...

That little cub is just precious!

Bethan said...

Aww that polar bear is so cute! x

Katie said...

Adorable! Love him.

Astrids dragon said...

I love polar bears and yours is absolutely adorable!