Tuesday 31 March 2020

Christmas Cat With Present AND Snow Globe Tree - finished!

Hello again!

Bearing in mind I will be starting 17 projects over the next four months (yes, I know I'm completely, utterly and insanely mad!) I spent the last few days of March trying to finish off a couple of WIPs so that there would at least be two less in my tottering pile.

And I succeeded! In fact I almost finished three, but not quite.

The first finish was Christmas Cat With Present, This was finish number five from the seven new projects which made up last year's Summer Of New Starts.

When you last saw her she looked like this, the cat herself obviously being too shy to make an appearance!


Here she is before the backstitching:


And now all finished:

Christmas Cat With Present by Lucie Heaton (etsy)
Stitch count 55 wide by 56 high
Stitched on 16ct white with silver lurex aida 2 over 1
Started - 31st August 2019
Finished - 24th March 2020
Total Stitching Time - 13 hours 45 minutes


She's one of a set of four but I have no idea as yet when the other three will make an appearance - perhaps during the Spring Into Summer New Start Binge? Who knows?!


My second finish was Snow Globe Tree, finish number six from last year's seven Summer Of New Starts. I left it like this:


And now it's all finished:

Snow Globe Tree by Lucie Heaton (etsy)
Stitch count 56 wide by 56 high
Stitched on 16ct antique white aida 2 over 1
Started - 20th July 2019
Finished - 28th March 2020
Total Stitching Time - 18 hours 35 minutes


I made a couple of small changes, using beads for the baubles and white Etoile for the snow. The Etoile gives the snow a greyish appearance, as opposed to being pure white, but I like it; I think it reflects the weather as being cloudy as opposed to sunny.

So that's 12 finishes so far this year and two more WIPs crossed off my list. I would say only 45 more to go but that won't be true in a few weeks' time! Nevermind... I've only myself to blame (and I've got some lovely projects coming up so don't regret this decision at all).

Take care,
Rachel x

9 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Great finishes! And nice to get 2 more off the pile before adding some new ones. :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Rachel.

Linda

Cathy said...

I love both finishes, Rachel. Smart of you to try to finish a few things before starting a bunch more!

Faith... said...

Great stitching, congrats on adding to the finished total/=.

Katie said...

Wohoo Fantastic finishes!! Can't wait to see your new pieces.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Christmas Cat is adorable! Love the snow globe too, I like this series.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great work finishing these two! The cat is adorable but I find that tree especially pretty.

Bethan said...

Great finishes! The cat is so adorable and I've always enjoyed the snowglobes x

Astrids dragon said...

They are both adorable finishes, but I think I like the kitty the best!