Saturday 7 March 2020

People's Choice SAL - Coffee

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is coffee.

As a non-tea and non-coffee drinker, I can't appreciate the appeal of different beans and the millions of ways of making them into a cup of hot or cold brown stuff. So, in the same way as coffee doesn't appeal to me, neither does stitching anything coffee related. The total charts stitched and in my stash is zero!

So what to show? Well, good old google! Let's have a look at some coffee charts I came across.


Living in a houseful of scientifically-minded people, it seems apt to begin with the chemical formula of caffeine C8 H10 N4 O2:

Caffeine Molecule by UnconventionalX (etsy)


Moving on to the different ways of making a 'cup of coffee'. I'm sure there are loads more than the nine depicted here (for those in the UK, maybe we should ask George Clooney!):

Coffee Guide by CrossStitchWithArt (etsy)


Then some different varieties, including flavoured ones:

Let's Do Coffee by Ursula Michael
[Is there any subject Ursula Michael hasn't done a 'word' pattern for?!]


This next chart popped up last month with the penguins, but everybody seemed to love it so I thought I'd show it again. Iced Latte anyone?

Tammara Markegard's Smiles In My Cup as charted by HAED


And finally this biggie. The Coffee Sea Dragon doesn't really exist but if he did his eyes seem to indicate he's definitely had too much caffeine!

Stanley Morrison's Coffee Sea Dragon as charted by Paine Free Crafts


If I did actually want to stitch something coffee-related it would probably be a simple monochrome project like this one. I think I could cope with that as a gift!

Cup Of Coffee by Silhouette Stitch (etsy)


So there's my rummage through the world of coffee in cross stitch. I hope you've stitched more than me!

Next month, the people have chosen Modern Samplers. Hmm...

Take care,
Rachel x

PS If you haven't done so already, there is still time to enter my sixth blogoversary prize draw. Go back to my blogoversary post and leave a comment with your guess, if you wish to enter. You never know how close you could be!

9 comments:

Ann C. said...

I’m like you I don’t like to drink coffee. It is so bitter, I have to put too much sugar/milk or cream so then it is not worth drinking it. I do LOVE walking down the coffee aisle in the grocery store just to smell the coffee beans. I am a tea drinker. I have the Let’s Do Coffee which I will stitch for my friend Lisa sometime. The penguin coffee picture is cute.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Now I'm curious what your favourite drink is!
Great selection of charts there. I really like the silhouette one too.

Cathy said...

I'm not a coffee or tea drinker either. I do like the silhouette though.

Rita said...

I love the caffeine molecule formula!

Katie said...

Not a coffee drinker here either. Love the designs you shared though. Especially Stanley's dragon. Love his dragons!!

beadgirl said...

I love the coffee molecule design. Surely someone has created one for chocolate ...

Bethan said...

So many coffee designs! The penguins and dragon are very cute x

Astrids dragon said...

I do like Let's Do Coffee, I love my flavoured coffee! And the dragon, awesome! I think I would definitely stitch the Cup of Coffee, I could make that small enough to fit in our area.

Leonore Winterer said...

Like Jo, I'm curiuos now what you do like to drink! Hot chocolate? Mulled Wine Or only cold things?