Tuesday 18 December 2018

Hufflepuff - finished; all 4 Harry Potter House Crests framed

Hello all!

So, this is finish number 35/59 from DSDUCJFC2015 and is the last of the Challenge pieces I planned to finish this year. It is, of course, the Hufflepuff house crest from Harry Potter.

At the end of November I left it like this, with only the bottom half of the shield to fill in:


And here it is all completed:

From theworldinstitches (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Cream Aida 2 over 1
Stitch count 97 wide by 117 high
Started - 11th February 2015
Finished - 11th December 2018
Total stitching time - 47 hours 40 minutes


And with all the other crests:



When I finished Ravenclaw back in 2015 I framed it, thinking that I had three more matching frames for the other House Crests. But I didn't; I only had two, and that would never do! So I purchased four standard gold-edged 8"x10"dark wood frames and now have a set of four matching Harry Potter House Crests:



I have to say, I am very impressed with they all turned out. I'm one happy bunny (or should that be lion/badger/raven/snake?!) To me they are still the best charted versions I've seen, although sadly were removed from the store not long after I purchased them.

I've already picked out a wall space for them, so all I have to do is hang them and they'll be ready for everyone to admire (or ignore if the usual is true).

Now it's back to Midnight Manor. I'm close to the 30 hour mark so will be appearing with an update very soon.

Take care,
Rachel x


11 comments:

sweetmiaomiao said...

Bellissime ,così incorniciato stanno molto bene 😊😊😊

Katie said...

Wohoo!! They look fantastic all finished up and framed perfectly. Great job!!

Kilrothi said...

Those look so good, and I love the gold-edged frames you picked! Also, turns out that though they are gone from the shop, you can get them from her blog for free. :)

Linda said...

CongrAts on getting so many pieces finished this year Rachel. They all look great together. You do so a great job at finishing.

Linda

Sasha said...

They look great! I love how they came out!

Quilting Tangent said...

Congratulations, they look great.

Faith... said...

Yay you finished it! It looks great. well they all look great! Congrats on the finish Rachel!

Babs said...

Congratulations, 35 finishes? And I'm still struggling with getting one finish

Unknown said...

Congrats on your finish, just how many Wips do you now have or by the end of the year? I see you have got a lot finished this year woohoo Merry Christmas and happy stitching!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on this set of designs. They look really good all together.

Tiffstitch said...

Woohoo!!! These look amazing, well done.