Monday 9 November 2020

Naughty November New Start #1 - Let's Bloom

Good morning!

As if 17 new starts between April-July wasn't enough, Tiff and I decided that another new start binge was called for before the end of the year. We agreed on four new starts during the four weekends of November, leaving enough time to recover from our previous binge and slotting in nicely between Dark October and Christmas.

All credit to Tiff for affectionately naming this Naughty November.  :)

I knew straight away which four charts I wanted to stitch, especially having found the 'perfect' fabrics for them (well, for three of them as the fourth wasn't quite right).

So here's the first one. This is a spring design called Let's Bloom by Imaginating and is one of Ursula Michael's many designs in her 'Words' collection.



I was lucky enough to find extra stitching time on Saturday, so here's my fantastic amount of stitching over the weekend:

Let's Bloom by Imaginating
Stitched on 16ct Shades Of Spring by sewitall.com
Stitching time to date - 6 hours


This is also a big hint as to what's coming for each of the remaining weekends in November.

A few of you have said you will join in, so I'm looking forward to seeing your starts, especially if you've used your time wisely to stitch Christmas ornies.

Here's the linky-widget-thingy. Please add your name, a thumbnail, and the URL of your actual post, not your blog. The link will remain open for ten days. There's no pressure to link-up if you don't want to, but it would be lovely to see lots of gorgeous new starts all together. 

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for any enabling!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

See you next week for start number two!

Take care
Rachel x

11 comments:

Rita said...

What a fantastic bright start in the dark November!

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Rachel,

I have tried to add my post but I don't think it has worked for some reason. Thought I had followed the instructions but I don't see m link here or in your blog bar either, so here is my link https://theflashingscissors.blogspot.com/2020/11/naughty-november.html

You made a great start there!

Barbara xx

FlashinScissors said...

Ooops! Obs I should have pressed the refresh button, as now I see it did work!!! Aaaaargh!

Linda said...

Awesome new start Rachel. You made some great progress. I did start one but didn't make that much progress. I haven't posted it yet.

Linda

Faith... said...

How gorgeous is that fabric you are using! You got in lots of stitches too, it looks great. Can't wait to see week 2!

Cathy said...

Nice springy start and I love the fabric. Mine's posted; I just have to add the link.

Katie said...

Beautiful new start!!! Love these designs.

Tiffstitch said...

Oh, I love how this is turning out! And so nice you got some extra time to get a really good start on this one.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous new start on an amazing piece of fabric! I am sure I can't guess what the next three starts will be LOL

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, what a lovely first start, and you made some serious progress on it as well! I love these word clour charts. The fabric is just gorgeous as well!

Ann C. said...

I love the 4 seasonal snow globes. I have them on my wish list.