Monday 27 February 2017

Spring Bird - started and finished

Hello all,

In between all of my WIP and Smalls SAL stitching in February I managed to fit in my second new start and finish of 2017.

Back in the spring of last year I purchased some Threadworx hand-dyed threads in seasonal colours not really knowing what I was going to do with them. Then I found a simple bird pattern which I decided I would stitch four times using these threads. Last year I stitched Summer and now I have stitched Spring:

Bird by Hobikolik (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Dried Petal over-dyed aida by sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitched in Threadworx 1006 Berry Nice
Stitch count 80 wide by 80 high
Started - 23rd February 2017
Finished - 26th February 2017
Total stitching time - 6 hours


Here's a reminder of Summer, stitched using Threadworx 11511 Jam Rock on Lime:



Looking back at my records I noticed that Summer took 7 1/4 hours to stitch compared to 6 hours for Spring. Why the difference? Because for Spring I was listening to music, for Summer I was watching TV. It just goes to show how distracting a screen can be!

Like Summer, Spring has gone into my Box of Shame... but... I already have the backing fabric to make them both into little cushions. Watch this space!

I say this about most of my projects, but I really did enjoy stitching this and am looking forward to stitching Autumn and Winter. However, they are not on this year's stitching plans so I'll have to pencil them in for 2018!

Back in a couple of days with a progress report on my Challenge WIPs.

See you then,
Rachel x

11 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Well done on the finish. I didn't see summer when you stitched it and that's fab too. Sometimes you need a simple pattern to make the most of beautiful threads.

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent finish! Beautiful choice on threads and fabric for both as well.

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty finishes Rachel. I love the fabrics and flosses.

Linda

Faith... said...

Oh Spring has such pretty colors! Another great finish.

Mary said...

Very pretty finishes.

Melinda Forbes said...

This is a great idea - to stitch the same design with the different colors. Spring looks beautiful, as did Summer

Katie said...

I don't remember summer but I love both of them! What a fun idea. Can't wait to see the next two too.

Bekah said...

I love the colours in Spring! They will be a cute set when the other two are finished.

Sarah said...

Love this simple pattern. The colors are beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What gorgeous threads, they really do make this little design something special.

Heather said...

Beautiful :)