Saturday 1 April 2023

People's Choice SAL - Subversive

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Subversive.

Being subversive usually involves swearing, and I'm not the sort of person who is interested in stitching, or showing, anything like that.

So I've watered-down 'subversive' to 'sarcastic' and had a look through etsy for suitable cross stitches. I still wouldn't want to stitch anything like these, but I do nod in understanding!

** Warning, if you follow any of the store links you will find designs containing swearing **

This is from SnarkyArtCompany:



These are from CrankyCatCrossStitch:




And this is from SubversiveOriginals:



We do have this sign in our house, bought for me by hubby, although whether it is referencing him or me is up for debate!



Next month's theme is Embellishments.

Take care,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

You found some fun patterns! I don't swear a lot, but there are a couple explicits I wouldn't mind putting in cross stitch...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People’s Choice this month. I’m in agreement, I don’t want sweary stuff around my children! But I do love a bit of snark and sarcasm. Some great choices here.

Katie said...

My soon to be 25 year old has used curse words like 3 times in his life. His choice. I think it's sweet. My campground daughter just turned 15 and was swearing like an old sailor this past weekend. It was funny how annoying it was. Jeremiah said See that's why I don't do it. I enjoyed the laugh.

I use them every now and then. I notice it depends on who I'm around and what I'm talking about.

Love the snarky designs you shared though. Those are better.