Sunday 16 April 2023

A-Z Challenge 2023 - letters I-N

Hi all!

Here's week two of my A-Z Challenge, stitching on 26 WIPs during April related to 26 letters of the alphabet. This week it was the letters I-N.



Day 9 - 10th April - I is for... Italy by Soda Stitch.
I was looking forward to this one but didn't achieve much because I had to keep frogging, even though the pattern wasn't difficult! I gave up after 40 minutes, having only stitched a little more of the colosseum. Enjoyment rating should have been higher than 6.5/10.



Day 10 - 11th April - J is for... Mouse With Books (he's rather Jolly!) by CutePatternsByMaria (etsy).
This jolly little chap had 90 minutes of attention, and with no frogging! I love these mice, so the enjoyment rating was a high 9.5/10.



Day 11 - 12th April - K is for... Spring Keyhole Stamp by SweetAnnet (etsy).
This is quite a bitty pattern to follow and it wasn't floating my boat at all. Still, 55 minutes adding a bit of colour made quite a difference. Enjoyment rating was 6/10.



Day 12 - 13th April - L is for... Night Lantern Stamp by SweetAnnet (etsy).
As this was by the same designer as last night's WIP, I thought I wouldn't enjoy this one as much as I did. But there are only five background colours left to stitch so it's going to be an easy finish. Enjoyment rating was a surprising 9/10.



Day 13 - 14th April - M is for... Mexico by Soda Stitch.
This was another one I was looking forward to stitching, but a meagre 20 minutes meant not much was achieved (you can just about see the outline of the steps on the right). Enjoyment rating was anticipated to be higher than the actual 7/10.



Day 14 - 15th April - N is for... Netherlands by Soda Stitch.
This was a much better evening, with 70 minutes of stitching on a wonderful whirly windmill! Enjoyment rating was a good 8.5/10.



So adding this week's favourite two to last week's top two, the top four WIPs to finish are now:

1) Hot Springs - 10/10
2) Basket Case - 9.5/10
3) Mouse With Books - 9.5/10
4) Night Lantern - 9/10

Next week, the letters O to T are going to have to work really hard if they want to move into one of these top four spaces!

Take care,
Rachel x

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love this challenge and I’d rather like to do it next year, spread throughout the year. Maybe 2 letters every IHSW?
I do like the little Mouse with the Books too so I’m glad he is in the Top Four.

Leonore Winterer said...

Fun projects this week! I keep meaning to pick up some of these stamp patterns and maybe some of the wooden stamp templates to go with them. And I never stitched something by Soda Stitch...and their patterns are so cute! Oh my...