Thursday 20 April 2023

Mischievous March - all four National Parks finished!

Hello all!

As you know, Mischievous March is one of two mini new start binges I like to have each year with the aim of starting - and finishing - four projects during the month.

My track record for actually finishing them has not been good, with only 1/4  and 3/4 finished from 2021 and 2022 respectively.

This year however, by dedicating the majority of the month to these new starts, I amazed even myself and have now finished all four - yes, all four - pieces; three during March, and one in April. And here they are:






But I didn't stop there.

I continued on and backstitched a frame around each one and then added the name of the park - the former because I thought the stitching might look better framed, and the latter to remind me which park is which! The picture is backstitched in two strands and the name in one. I did think about stitching all of the names and frames in brown or black or dark grey to keep them consistent, but decided that picking out one of the darker colours from each design would be better. So here are the designs as they look now:

Grand Teton National Park by TeenyWeenyXStitch (etsy)
Started - 4th March 2023
Finished - 8th March 2023
Total stitching time - 13 hours 35 minutes


Grand Canyon National Park
Started - 11th March 2023
Finished - 17th March 2023
Total stitching time - 13 hours 25 minutes


Rocky Mountain National Park by TeenyWeenyXStitch (etsy)
Started - 18th March 2023
Finished - 24th March 2023
Total stitching time - 13 hours 35 minutes


Hot Springs National Park by TeenyWeenyXStitch (etsy)
Started - 25th March 2023
Finished - 16th April 2023
Total stitching time - 13 hours 55 minutes


For designs of only 40(ish) by 45(ish), I'm really impressed with the detail, especially from a distance. I'm pretty certain these will not be the only four designs out of the 63 I will stitch!

But, as you know, I'm now in the full swing of my April A-Z Challenge, so my concentration is elsewhere for a while.

Take care,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These four look fabulous! The border really does finish them off nicely. Interesting how close the stitching time was for each one too.

Astrids dragon said...

These look fantastic the way you finished them! The frame really makes it pop and adding the name is perfect.

Leonore Winterer said...

These did turn out lovely! Nicely done finishing them all right away. Great idea about the frames and names too. There is no mistaking Grand Canyon of course, but some of the others might be more difficult, especially if you end up stitching more of the wooded ones!