Sunday 23 April 2023

A-Z Challenge 2023 - letters O-T

Hi all!

Here's week three of my A-Z Challenge, stitching on 26 WIPs during April related to 26 letters of the alphabet. This week it was the letters O-T.



You will notice that my stitching time is beginning to slide again; not helpful in the middle of this challenge, but that's life!


Day 15 - 17th April - O is for... Let's Bloom by Ursula Michaels.
These designs are always good to work on for visibly quick progress. This had a full hour, with every stitch being enjoyable. Enjoyment rating 8.5/10.



Day 16 - 18th April - P is for... Privet Drive Snow Globe by MIYAStitch (etsy).
I found it difficult to pick this one up, despite the fact I love Harry Potter! I managed 40 minutes of stitching; enough to finish the globe and add a bit of sky. Enjoyment rating 6.5/10.



Day 17 - 19th April - Q is for... UK (including the Queen Elizabeth Tower) by Soda Stitch.
Being the UK, and with all the Coronation stuff going on, I knew I would enjoy this one. 45 minutes working on the clock face of the Queen Elizabeth Tower confirmed I was right. Enjoyment rating 9.5/10.



Day 18 - 20th April - R is for... Mouse Reading Book by CutePatternsByMaria (etsy).
Again, I knew I would enjoy this cheeky chap. A mere 20 minutes resulted in not much progress, but that doesn't mean I didn't love every stitch! Enjoyment rating 10/10!



Day 19 - 21st April - S is for... Shell Cottage Snow Globe by MIYAStitch (etsy).
Given that I haven't really enjoyed the other three snow globes, it was no surprise this one followed suit, although 20 minutes was not really long enough to get into the swing of it. Maybe longer would have helped. Enjoyment rating 5.5/10.



Day 20 - 22nd April - T is for... Pretty Little Toronto by Satsuma Street.
Given that this had only 10 minutes of work before I picked it up tonight, any progress was going to be really noticeable! I didn't quite manage all of the clouds, but 55 minutes went a long way. Enjoyment rating 9/10.




Mouse Reading Book and the UK were my favourites this week, with both making it onto my short-list as Hot Springs has now been completed and night Lantern relegated! My new top four now look like this:

Hot Springs - 10/10
Mouse reading book - 10/10
Basket Case - 9.5/10
Mouse with books - 9.5/10
UK - 9.5/10

Just one more week and the final six letters left now. I wonder what my final top four will look like?

Take care,
Rachel x

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

More great stitching! You have some lovely fabrics too.
Can’t wait for the final instalment now.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, more fun projects! I think I'd have a real hard time picking out what to work on next if I was you, so giving them all a bit of a trial run is a great idea.