Friday 29 October 2021

Smalls SAL - October 2021

Hello all!

It's the last Friday of the month so time for the Smalls SAL. Thank you, Mary, for continuing to host this fun little SAL. Pop over to Mary's Blog to see what other participants have been stitching in the way of Smalls this month.



Each month I stitch a small project specifically for this SAL which doesn't appear elsewhere on my blog.

October is traditionally a Halloween small, stitched with Dark October in mind, and this year is no exception. This is another Spooky Hootie by Pinoy Stitch:

Witchy Hootie by PinoyStitch (etsy)
Stitch Count 29 wide by 40 high
Stitched on 16ct Wolf over-dyed aida by sewitall.com
Started - 1st October 2021
Finished - 6th October 2021
Total stitching time - 6 hours 5 minutes


I just love these little owls; small and quick to stitch, but so full of character! There are definitely more planned for future Octobers!

For November I start thinking about Christmas so next month will be the penultimate of six pieces started during November and December for the last couple of years.

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Elfie said...

Owls get me every time, and yours is a particularly cute one. Halloween's not really a passion of mine, but that owl could get me stitching!

Mary's Thread said...

Thanks for joining the SAL! Your owl is very cute!

Leonore Winterer said...

This one is a real cutie! Well done.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another cutie Hootie! I must look up the series now.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Just curious, what happened to your Monarch a Month series? I'm missing my regular History fix.

Faith... said...

Love him and his colorful accessories!

Katie said...

Too adorable!