Tuesday 2 November 2021

In The Gloaming - finished!

Afternoon all!

Dark October has ended for another year, and what better way to celebrate than by joining Tiff with her In The Gloaming happy dance?

In The Gloaming was the first (and my favourite) of the 17 pieces I started for the Spring Into Summer New Start Binge 2020 and is now the seventh to be finished... literally scraped in on the final day of Dark October!

Here's a reminder of the 50 hour progress picture:



And now finished!

In The Gloaming by Whispered By The Wind
Stitched on 32ct Grey Murano
Stitch count 112 wide by 121 high
Started - 4th April 2020
Finished - 31st October 2021
Total stitching time - 59 hours


I swapped out the colours of the monument from those charted (which looked nothing like the cover picture) to 167, 738, 3823 and 3865, and include Etoile in the moon and railings for a little bit of bling. The moon looks a little lost against the fabric, but I don't think the design really needs it so am happy with it being subtle. And no, I didn't backstitch the railings - 'twas a silly idea!!!

My only regret is that, despite looking at the cover picture numerous times, I didn't notice how the top of the middle railing is not curved like the others. The straight bit between the two birds looks really weird. It's a bit annoying, but not enough for me to want to frog and restitch that section!!!

So now Dark October's finished it's time to move on to November and that means the Naughty November SAL and four (more!) new starts - one during each weekend of the month. My chosen projects are by the same company as In The Gloaming and I've been looking forward to starting them for ages, so am glad Naughty November's finally arrived!

Each Monday I shall post my progress along with a linky-widget thing, so if you fancy being naughty and joining in please feel free. Note - they don't have to be weekend starts, and you don't have to do all four weekends, just start and join in as and when suits you best. Maybe see you there?

Take care,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh what a great finish, it looks amazing, well done!
I agree that's a little weird about the railing, but I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out, so I don't think it's too bad.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for The Gloaming! I wouldn't have noticed the straight bar either.
I don't think I'll do New Start November this year, I have my WIPGO goals and I'm planning on doing the No New Starts TwentyTwo in TwentyTwo which means keeping WIPs below twentytwo in number!

Katie said...

Wohoo. Lovely finish. Love the way it turned out. I see what you mean about the not curved part but I agree not worth taking out.

Faith... said...

I love it Rachel!! It looks good how it is ;)