Thursday 4 July 2019

July in Ruby - started and finished!

Hi all!

At the beginning of each month I will be stitching a little calendar piece, by Palkolp, in that month's birthstone colour. This idea was inspired by Jo's People's Choice SAL Birthstone posting and from her link to a website about birthstones.

July's birthstone is ruby:

The gleaming ruby should adorn
All those who in July are born
For thus they'll be exempt and free
From lover's doubts and anxiety

Visit here if you would like to read little interesting snippets of information about rubies.


Here's my July birthstone piece then:

July by Palkolap
Stitched on 16ct Sorbet over-dyed aida by sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitch count 47 wide by 47 high
Stitched with DMC variegated 107 and Mill Hill frosted seed beads 62013
Started - 1st July 2019
Finished - 3rd July 2019
Total stitching time - 5 hours 25 minutes


The pattern is a little more dense than those on previous months but I love it, and I also think this border of beads is the most pleasing so far. They wprk well together.

Hopefully this will be FFOd in time for the FFG SAL on the 10th. Are you all (getting) ready?

Take care,
Rachel x

9 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great idea, lovely design and super colour

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Rachel. Love the colors.

Linda

Cathy said...

I love the colors you chose this month.

Faith... said...

Oh I love that floss Rachel.
Congrats on another month finished ;)

Bethan said...

A lovely idea, and such a gorgeous red for this month x

Katie said...

Oh I love the beautiful reds. Congrats on the finish. I need to get some finishing done. Now to just hope I have time before the 10th.

Leonore Winterer said...

This one is awesome. I do love the mini celtic knots!

Astrids dragon said...

A lovely finish and such beautiful colours.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another lovely design, great colour choices too.