Monday 18 March 2019

Hogwarts In A Bottle - 40 hours

Hello again!

I stayed with Hogwarts until the end of February but didn't quite manage to finish the ten hours. But I have now! I've started on the actual picture and progress has been quickened by the background being mostly made up of half stitches.

Here's where I left off:


And now:


And the full piece:



If you look closely about 1/3rd in from the left at the bottom there's a small triangle of bluey-grey - that's the castle turret beginning to appear!

According to my calculations, I'm just under a quarter of the way through. This might be a little bit of an overestimate but has made me think that maybe it's time to put in some of the backstitching. So that's the first thing I'll do when I return to it.

Take care,
Rachel x

9 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

It looks great and yay for the turret starting to appear! It's just so exciting to see this one grow.

Janet said...

Looks great. That 10 hrs is getting you into the fun stuff

Linda said...

Great design and awesome progress Rachel.

Linda

Katie said...

Wohoo!!! Love it. Looking great. Keep it up girl!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Things are happening!

Faith... said...

It looks great Rachel! Can't wait to see the castle too.

rosey175 said...

It's hard to imagine this is the 1/4 point! The backstitching will be fun to see; I'm always amazed at how it brings a piece to life, even if it's just a cork for now haha :D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Looking good, for a bottle! Great idea to do the backstich now, you will thank yourself later.

Astrids dragon said...

It looks good and now the fun part begins!