Sunday 20 January 2019

New Start - Parrot On Parade - 10 hours

Hello one and all!

I couldn't help another new start and will dive straight in with the 10 hour progress picture:

Parrot On Parade by Bothy Threads
Stitched on 16ct Sand Dune over-dyed aida by Sewitall.com 2 over 1
Started 13th January 2019


I'm absolutely loving the reds and corals in this one, which is just as well considering they make up the majority of the project! Eventually he will look like this:



The fabric supplied in the kit is 14ct speckled white, shown above, but because I don't do 14ct I swapped it for Sand Dune. I could have chosen any variety of pinks, blues or neutrals, but thought this neutral one looked the best. I don't think I made a mistake.

Now to decide whether to stick with this one, go back to Hogwarts or start another new project. And I've decided to...

... make you wait to find out!

Take care,
Rachel x

14 comments:

sweetmiaomiao said...

Bellissimo questo pappagallo ha dei colori molto belli buon lavoro 😊

Janet said...

I am in love with your parrot!!! He will be fun to watch your progress.

Katie said...

Too cute! Love how fun and bright he is. I've seen so many of these cute bothy kits with the fun fabric. I love the one you picked out too though. He will be more of a focus which he deserves to be. Can't wait to see....you tease haha.

Linda said...

Bad Rachel. Making us wait. Awesome new start. He'll be done in no time.

Linda

Faith... said...

Oh my favorite of your new starts! I love him and he looks fabulous!! That fabric is great for him too. You know I will be waiting for his next ten hours!

Unknown said...

Love your new start, so cute.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Your parrot is magnificent! I agree the colors are lovely and will make for a fun stitch.

Hogwarts is my vote for your next stitchy bit :D

Cathy said...

I love the colors in your parrot! Here's hoping you went back to Hogwarts!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

He is super cute, I love how fluffy his feathers are :) I think you made the right decision with the fabric, the mottling is interesting but the neutral colours will let his feathers take center stage!

Leonore Winterer said...

I think I'm starting to get the hang of your project, and I love these 10 hour updates! Just enough to show some proper progress without things getting boring.
I love the parrot as well, to be honest I love that whole series by Bothy, and you made a great fabric swap too!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's one wild parrot! What a fun design, you must smile the whole time you're stitching him.

rosey175 said...

Hah, this guy is quite exuberant! He must be a super happy stitch. :D

Tiffstitch said...

Fun new start and great fabric choice! Also coral is the Pantone colour of the year right? :)

The Crafty Princess said...

Sorry I'm a bit late but I just had to comment about this crazy vibrant bird and that your fabby is perfect for it. Love the colours. Looking forward to 10 more hours on this birdy.
xo Alicia