Wednesday 10 July 2019

Link-up for Fully Finished Gallery SAL - July 2019

Hello all!

It's the 10th of the month so time for another Fully Finished Gallery SAL and to show what you've been FFOing since your last check-in.



The aim of this SAL is to encourage all cross stitchers to fully-finish at least some of their completed cross stitch projects and proudly show them off via this gallery. These might be projects which have been gathering dust for weeks/months/years and/or projects which have recently been completed; it doesn't matter.

Whether you are a regular fully-finisher, an ad-hoc fully-finisher or a reluctant fully-finisher, you are all welcome. There is no need to sign up and no commitment required, just pop in when you have one or more fully-finished cross stitch projects to show.

If you are unsure of anything, the FFG SAL 2019 page at the top of my blog may help, or just ask.


Over the last month I only fully-finished my two monthly smalls:

1) Eastern(?) Rosella was my June Smalls SAL piece and finished to match the other Little Aussie Birds in this series. Here's she is finished with coordinating backing fabric and barley twist cord:




2) July in Ruby was stitched for my Year of Birthstones and finished off as usual. I should have used red ribbon but the one I had clashed terribly. The pink's not too bad and does as least match the pink tones in the thread.




That's it from me this month; quick and simple for once!

Now it's over to you to show what you've been finishing recently.

Please link-up using the URL of your FFG SAL post and not the home page of your blog, adding a thumbnail of a finish and either your name or your blog name as the caption. The link-up will remain open for 10 days, closing at 6am UK time on 20th July.

And please don't forget to follow other links and see what fellow fully-finishers have been up to; you never know, other projects may give you an idea for your next finish!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

Once the link-up has closed I shall update the FFG SAL 2019 page with the number of entrants and entries.

As usual I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone has finished and created. Given the projects from the first half of the year there should be some stunning finishes to look forward to.

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Sheryl said...

Two lovely finishes Rachel, love the birdie colours and the pink ribbon matches perfectly, probably looking better than the red would have.

Mary said...

I always look forward to seeing your fully finishes for the month. I love the bright, cheerful colors.

Katie said...

I only had two to share as well. Busy busy. Lovely finishes. I think the pink ribbon looks beautiful! Still just love that little bird. Adorable!

Linda said...

Congrats on more great finishes Rachel.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I agree, the pink ribbon looks great with the red.

Faith... said...

I think the pink looks good on July.

Suzanne H said...

Your finishes are always lovely as well as all the other stitching you do during the month. I had 13 small finishes this month some of which were stitched a couple of years ago. Your Gallery has given me the push to dig in to the pile and keep up with my ornament finishes. See you next month!

Leonore Winterer said...

Cute little finishes! I don't think I'll get anything done for this month, everything that is left requires quite a bit of dedicated sewing time...or new inspiration!

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, such a sweet bird and finish! I think the pink looks great with the red, another great finish.
One of these months I'll get my act together and contribute!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely finishes as usual. I actually had one this month, but didn't get a post up, so next month I'll have at least 2!