Friday 23 February 2024

Smalls SAL link-up - February 2024

Good morning one and all,

Here we are again - the last Friday of the month - so it's time for the Smalls SAL. Entries can be anything Small you have cross stitched during the month, be it an individual piece, part of a set, a portion of a big design, or even an unfinished Small if you haven't been able to complete it. All Smalls, or part(s) thereof, are welcome!



I have three Smalls this month - a Christmas piece, a new start, and a monarch.


Here is this month's Nordic Christmas Sampler. This is the Star which was charted as Day 1. I swapped some of the colours and am not that taken with my interpretation but am not going to frog and restitch:

Nordic Christmas Sampler Day 1 - star by ZindagiDesigns (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct White with iridescent pearl/opal flecks
Started - 1st February 2024
Finished - 5th February 2024
Total stitching time - 8 hours 15 minutes


Second is a new start and finish. After a break from stitching for eight days (yes, I know.... shocking... but rather forced upon me than by choice!) I wanted to stitch something simple so started the February Geometric Square by Magical Quilts And More which will be finished as a biscornu. The back is not as detailed as the front because... well... what's the point?! I thought it apt that I should start this on St. Valentine's Day with appropriately coloured love-themed fabric and thread:


February Geometric Square by Magical Quilts And More
Stitched on 16ct Cloud Pink aida with Jodyri thread #53 Tropical Bay
Started - 14th February 2024
Finished - 19th February 2024
Total stitching time - 10 hours 25 minutes


Finally, at the end of last month I was at a bit of a loose end so stitched the next monarch, Victoria. Goodness knows when her actual 'A Monarch A Month' post will appear but at least she's ready to go!) I'm not sure I like her features and expression, but she was rather haughty so they kind of work:

Victoria from Kings and Queens by Bothy Threads
Stitched on 32ct Vintage Grey murano
Started - 27th January 2024
Finished - 30th January 2024
Total stitching time - 6 hours 45 minutes


Now it's your turn.

You know the format - please link up using the URL of your Smalls SAL post, with a title (usually your name) and a thumbnail. The link will stay open for 10 days.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

I look forward to seeing your Small accomplishments this month!

Take care,
Rachel x

9 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely to see Queen Vic, I do enjoy seeing all the Kings and Queens. Well done on a start and finish, your Magical Quilts Square looks great

jocondine said...

My stitching could be part of GG as the hoop is a gift, FFG as it's now totally finished but I'd like to join the SMALLS SAL so as it is a little embroidery in a tiny hoop, here I am! Those kings/queens patterns are really great, love your Queen Victoria. xxx

Mary said...

They are all very pretty finishes. I love valentines stitching so I love the biscornu.

Pamela said...

I really like your biscornu!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A good selection of smalls. The thread is ideal for your biscornu.
Not too many Kings and Queens left to stitch now.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the thread you used for the biscornu, so pretty.
Sorry for the break in your stitching run. It's made me think that maybe I should have an "emergency bag" with a small monochrome project kitted up just in case I have a medical emergency.
Love the rather grumpy Victoria, at least she's not in black for a change!

Katie said...

So glad you are back to stitching. Hoping everything stays well for now and future. Beautiful work on everything. I love your biscornu. Adorable. Great work on everything.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm glad you are back after your break! Are you feeling okay? You were very productive with your smalls at least, so that's something - love Victoria's expression and the floss you used for that biscornu!

Tiffstitch said...

I think of Victoria as striding away with her queenly attitude at full bloom. Glad you're able to stitch again and great finishes!