Wednesday 28 February 2024

New Start - Female Rainbow Dragon - 10 hours

Good morning one and all!

One of my planned new starts for this year was a dragon to celebrate (or rather as an excuse for) 2024 being the Chinese Year Of The Dragon.

My intention was to start it on 10th February - Chinese New Year itself - but that didn't work out. So, with 8 being the Chinese lucky number, and 10 mine, I gave myself the choice of then starting it on either 18th or 20th. I went with the latter as I wasn't quite up to sitting over a frame prior to that.

Anyway, here is the pattern and my first 10 hours of progress:


Female Rainbow Dragon by PatternNadGavr (etsy)
Started - 20th February 2024
Stitched on 32ct Opalescent Ink Murano


This doesn't really feel like 10 hours of work, but I did start with the most confetti part; after the autumnal blossom and green leaves, most of the remaining colours are fairly blocky.

It seems a shame to stitch over so much of the opalescent fabric, but I do intend to leave a good margin of bling when it's framed.

I'm 'hoping' to get half way through it this year which will equate to about 50-60 hours of stitching. Fingers crossed, five hours per month should be doable.

Take care,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Katie said...

Gorgeous of course. I love stitching on fun fabric.

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a great design, what vibrant colours, happy stitching

Leonore Winterer said...

Oooh, you started her! I love these designs, even the foliage is fun to stitch, isn't it? And such vibrant colours on the pretty fabric!

Tiffstitch said...

Great start on this beautiful fabric! And maybe the rest will feel easier if you already got a good section of the confetti finished.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a stunning design and perfect for the Year of the Dragon. Gorgeous bright colours too. Have you considered just stitching the dragon, the stars and the outline of the circle so all the sky is the lovely fabric?