Saturday 17 February 2024

Link-up For Fully Finished Gallery SAL - February 2024

Hello all!

It's supposed to be the 10th of the month but I'm a week late; thank you for your patience!

But here it is, February's edition of the Fully Finished Gallery SAL, the place to show your cross stitched FFOing achievements since your last link-up.

And, seeing as it is this SAL's 5th birthday, it's an extended version, where I've asked willing participants to show some (or all!) of their Box Of Shame so that others can not only be nosey, but also perhaps help with pieces where you are stuck for ideas.

Now, you've probably all posted your SALs but seeing as I haven't read them I have no idea what you've done so I'm going to post this as if it were on time.



I have just the one finished piece I want to show this month, Golden Snitch In A Bottle, finished as a mini pillow with coordinating fabric and barley twist cord. That's three of these four Harry Potter themed bottles FFOd; maybe the final one will appear next month.



Now it's your turn.

Please link-up using the URL of your FFG SAL post and not the home page of your blog, adding a thumbnail of a finish and either your name or your blog name as the caption. The link-up will stay open longer this month, closing on 29th February.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

And please don't forget to follow other links and support fellow fully-finish-offers.


Now for the Box Of Shame!

I currently have 60 pieces in my Box, many of which form complete or partial sets. I'm not showing everything, but most, starting with the ones I know what to do with, and ending with the ones I don't. It's an insight as to what might appear in this FFG SAL in the coming year.


Ten Dragons by StitchItPicasso. These are going to be made into bunting using the coordinating felt, fabrics and ribbons as shown, but I haven't decided quite how, i.e. whether to have the fabric on the back or the front, and whether to mount the dragons on card, or leave them as they are:



Five Durene Jones Doggies. I've made a start FFOing these into a patchwork cushion. Getting the warp/weft of the fabric straight and to line up with the aida is a bitt fiddly, so it's small steps on this one. The paler bottom fabric will probably be the backing fabric:



Four Valerie Pfeiffer Solos. These will be FFOd as mini pillows. I've done one, but hidden it as I want to complete all four before showing them:



The three Dolphins and three Scarlet Macaws are going to be triple hangers, with the pieces hanging one below the other. Looking at the photos, I think I need brighter fabric for the Macaws:



Let's Be Frozen, Grow Your Own and Pandas are all going to be framed. I just haven't got around to ordering them yet!



The cross stitched finishes I'm a bit stuck for inspiration are:

Eight Moonrise/Moonset finishes by Whispered By The Wind. Flat hanging ornies seem the best way forward for these, but I already make enough of those and would like to do something different with these two sets:



Five Winnie The Poohs by Designer Stitches. Originally I wanted to FFO these as a patchwork cushion, the same as the doggies above, but they don't quite work so the jury's still out. What I do want to do, however, is definitely use the fabric:



If you have any suggestions for the two above, my ears are open!

I hope you will also take time to open up your Boxes Of Shame (or whatever you call them). In the past I have been told that Box Of Shame is a bit negative; they should be Boxes Of Pride or Delight, or something more positive. I just use Box Of Shame because of the shame and guilt I feel about stitching projects but not finish-finishing them.

Hope to see you again next month... and on time!

Take care,
Rachel x

8 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Happy SAL Birthday šŸ„³ I love your finish, lots of interesting projects in your Box of Shame too. Mine is at the back of the airing cupboard and I can't reach it just now. I'll try to remember to get Hubby to reach it sometime

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad that you are back home and posting! I totally missed showing my Box of Shame which is actually "stuff all over the place" but will try next time.
How about a nice wrought iron display stand for the Whispered Down the Wind collection? Something like a small gate from a garden centre? I've seen people use window frames!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This! This is what you need, even has tea light holders!

https://www.blackcountrymetalworks.co.uk/the-waterford-fire-screen-fire-guard-black.htm

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm glad you're back, and look, you being back even made me finally post mine - LOL! Oh wow, you got not only a gorgeous collection of finishes, but such lovely fabrics too. I think I really need to stock up on those, if I want to up my finishing game ;)
I think the Whispered by the Wind ornaments would look lovely as flat folds...you could decorate maybe a little table with them for Hallowen, spreading them out like a spooky graveyeard with some lights and other things in between?

jocondine said...

I love your Moonrise/Moonlight stitchings, I would make an accordion with cardboard with backs in your nice fabric to show them. xxx

Suzanne H said...

I hope you are feeling better. Loving your stitching, especially the Pooh Bears. My daughter loved her Pooh when she was little. I'm hoping to get my Halloween stitching finished before the end of the month. Then I'll be all ready for October! Take care.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I love your Harry Potter themed bottles and I know a little who would love them. I've searched Etsy and can't find them. Would you send me a direct link please as I would love to stitch these.
The stitching and backing fabric is beautiful for your Snitch.
I forgot to include my unfinished pieces. I have about 20.

Tiffstitch said...

So many fun finishes coming! I'll keep my eyes posted if you come up with any interesting ideas for the Moonrise ones. Some are different sizes, but with 8 of them, I wonder if there's a way to make some into a double flat fold, as if it's a book? That might not work for all of them though.