Friday 10 February 2023

Link-up For Fully Finished Gallery - February 2023

Hello all!

It's the 10th of the month so time for another Fully Finished Gallery SAL, the place to show your FFOing achievements since your last link-up.



The link-up for this SAL opens on the 10th of each month and stays open for 10 days so you can join in whenever you're ready.



For February I've been on an FFOing spree with the eight Advent ornies, modified from Durene Jones' Red And White Advent Calendar, shown in last month's Smalls SAL.

My original idea was to just stick the stitching to a piece of 'Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer' fabric-covered card and put a plain piece of fabric-covered card on the back. But that looked a bit boring so I added some tinsel wool - not one, but two colours between them. And then I thought the ornies needed a hanger, so out came the beads to match the dots on the fabric. But the beads looked too plain so I added silver spacers between them. And then I thought the ornies looked a bit top-heavy, so I added some beaded tassels at the bottom. And that's where I (finally) stopped!

All-in-all I've ended up with some very blingy Christmas ornies, but there can never be too much bling at Christmas, right? It's Blingle all the way!!!

But since they're all FFOd the same, once you've seen one, you've more or less seen them all; the only differences are in the colours used to coordinate (as best as possible) with the stitching.










I think that's more than enough for this month, so now it's your turn.

Please link-up using the URL of your FFG SAL post and not the home page of your blog, adding a thumbnail of a finish and either your name or your blog name as the caption. The link-up will remain open for 10 days, closing at 6am UK time on 20th February.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

And please don't forget to follow other links and support fellow fully-finish-offers!

Next month's post will go live on 10th March at 6am UK time. Hope to see you there!

* * * * *

In other news, having said at the beginning of the year that I would probably not be doing Mischievous March this year, I've changed my mind!

I've had a fantastic couple of months and am on track to finish eight WIPs by the end of February. Sooo... all those finishes deserve a new start (or four) right?

For those who don't know, Mischievous March is a mini new start binge where a new project is started during each of the four weekends of March, and progress posted the Monday after.

For the new starts I've chosen four small full-coverage no backstitch designs which I should be able to finish in a week. Well, that's the theory.

I'm not expecting anyone to join me but, if you are tempted, you're more than welcome!

Take care,
Rachel x

13 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, these look great! I agree, never too much bling for Christmas!

I'm exciting about Mischievous March happening, even though I'm not sure I'll join. Once again, I'm very happy working on my WIPs, maybe finishing one or two. But we never know when the new start bug may bite!

jocondine said...

Lovely finish with this tinsel wool, such a great idea I might test for some not finished ornies waiting for a red/white string. On your small squares it's perfect and I love the beads added at the bottom. xxx

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love your ornaments, a great collection of ginishing

Pamela said...

How cute!

Faith... said...

Your Advent ornaments look great! Congrats on the FFOs.

Toki said...

I am commenting for the first time.
The lively decoration and delicate stitches that match Christmas are wonderful.

Mary's Thread said...

My goodness, what great ornaments! I love the festive trim and beads!

Anonymous said...

Your ornaments look great. Congratulations on all your finishes and FFOs. A new start is well deserved.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

First I added a thing and then another thing and then some more things!
They do look great for “simple” ornaments. I love the fluffy wool trim.

Suzanne H said...

Super finishes this month! I love that tinsel wool and how you've blinged them up.

Astrids dragon said...

It's a good thing you kept adding to them, they all look wonderful! Is there such a thing as too much bling at Christmas?!

Katie said...

Lovely finishes!! Perfect amount of bling. I doubt I will join you. But I will cheer you on definitely.

Mylene said...

Such lovely ornaments!