Tuesday 7 February 2023

Golden Snitch In A Bottle - finished!

Hi again!

So the next WIP out of the box was Golden Snitch In A Bottle. This was one of four Harry Potter themed bottles started for Mischievous March 2021. Two were finished that year and, out of the remaining two, this was closest to completion so chosen first.

I stitched a fair amount the weekend I started it:



Stitched on it a bit the following month, leaving just some of the cork and the backstitching (no photo) and have now completed those too:

Golden Snitch In A Bottle by MagicStitchStudio (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Sketch Grey over-dyed aida
Started - 12th March 2021
Finished - 4th February 2023
Total stitching time - 14 hours 25 minutes


The backstitching on this one was fiddly again, and took just under three hours, but was so worth it.
 
I left out the french knots on the snitch and on the background on the right as I didn't think they were necessary. But I do think I need to move the star at the top and maybe add some stars on the left for balance. I'll do that just before it's FFOd.

My next finish will be a slightly bigger piece. It's another one with big blocks of colour and, since I worked on it a little in January, it shouldn't take too much longer to complete. Fingers crossed...

Take care,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Faith... said...

Congrats on getting another WIP out of the box and finished.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a cute finish. I do like these mini bottles and jars.

Leonore Winterer said...

Yet another finish, the fire continues to burn brightly! Love this one, these motifs in a bottle are very cute.

Astrids dragon said...

What a fun small, how nice to capture that Snitch!

Katie said...

Too cute. I'm in a fitness challenge this week that is Harry Potter themed. I was thinking of you.