Monday 20 June 2022

Grow Your Own - finished!

Hello everybody!

Oh, bleurgh to May and June!

With the start of 2022, I thought I'd left my stitching blips behind but, no, they have returned. So, rather than beat myself up about it, I've *shock horror* taken a step back from my monthly plans.

During June, instead of getting bogged down with deadlines and 'compulsory' stitching, I'm going to work on WIPs and aim for a few finishes. A change is as good as a rest, so it's said and, let's face it, finishes aren't exactly a bad goal to work towards!

First out of my h-u-g-e WIP box came a favourite piece, a Hannah Dale design I lovingly named Walter. There wasn't too much to go, so he became a finish quite quickly.

Here's how I left him back in January after 60 hours of work:


And here he is now, with his complete crop of vegetables:

Grow Your Own by Bothy Threads
Stitched on 16ct Tumbleweed over-dyed aida
Started - 25th December 2019
Finished - 13th June 2022
Total stitching time - 65 hours 45 minutes


Isn't he just gorgeous?! I think Walter has to be one of my top ten favourite finishes, and will always be particularly special as he was a birthday gift. Thank you so much again to the fellow stitcher who enabled the enabling - you know who you are.

Now I'm going to dive back into my box of WIPs and see which one calls the loudest. Depending on size, there may be more finishes this month.


Christmas In July
Next month the focus will be 'Christmas in July' with the intent of encouraging last-minute stitchers to make an early start on their Christmas ornies and gifts. I'll be stitching a Christmas Small and then working on Lizzie Kate's Merry Christmas By The Letter. There won't be a linky-thingy, or anything like that, but if you fancy a bit of off-season stitching, then please do join in!

Take care,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm sorry to hear your year has turned turbulent yet again! But so pleased to see little Walter all finished, he's such a cutie. Well done! You deserve to have lots of fun with your stitching when things get crazy, so I'm looking forward to see what you pull out next!

Claudette497 said...

That's a great finish! Congratulations!

Bridgette said...

I love love love Walter! Congrats on the finish.
I am planning to do a Brooks Books advent Christmas ornament in July, that will be my Christmas in July stitching.

Faith... said...

You know what they say about the best laid plans; but at least you bounced back with a fabulous finish! Walter looks awesome with his bounty of vegetables. Walter may also be one of my top ten pieces that you have finished. Congratulations Rachel.

I will start my family's ornaments during August. I am waiting for the fabric to come in but I have confidence that it will be here in time.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

No plans is a great plan! I do try to build in space to go "off-piste" as it were if something simply calls too loudly to ignore. That tends to be my bath-time slot.
Walter is wonderful and I'm glad he encouraged you to get stitching.
I'll be doing my 12 Days of Christmas in July as usual - Day 7. I think they're the only Christmas themed projects I have right now.