Friday 25 February 2022

Smalls SAL - February 2022

Hello all!

It's the last Friday of the month so time for the Smalls SAL. Thank you, Mary, for continuing to host this fun little SAL. Pop over to Mary's Blog to see what other participants have been stitching in the way of Smalls this month.



Each month I stitch a small project specifically for this SAL which doesn't appear elsewhere on my blog.


This month I decided to stitch another Snuffles the Dragon. In 2020 I stitched pink and aqua versions, and mentioned how I would like a shelf full of Snuffles in different colours. I didn't stitch any in 2021, but he's back now, in blue:

Snuffles In Blue by FuzzyFoxDesigns (etsy)
Stitch count 31 wide by 32 high
Stitched on 16ct Glacier over-dyed aida 2 over 2
Started - 19th February 2022
Finished - 22nd February 2022
Total stitching time - 4 hours 45 minutes


I think the blue rather suits him, don't you?


And then there is my usual monarch of the month, this time George II. And no, you haven't missed his post as I haven't put it up yet! I sort of forgot about it this month but hopefully it'll be posted in the next couple of days. I also need to alter the backstitching on his legs - I'm sure his calves weren't that shape!!!



Next month, another dragon, but it's not another Snuffles.

Take care,
Rachel x

11 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Oh your dragon is adorable, I'm looking forward to meeting George

Cathy said...

Yes, blue definitely suits him!

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, he's adorable! He looks like my little green dragon except he's not waving! I just found him on Etsy and might just have to get him to stitch too.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your dragon is cute and that blue is perfect for him.
You never know, maybe George II had a problem with his calves :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Snuffles is so cute and the blue is a lovely colour. Looking forward to learning more about George II and his lumpy legs!

Faith... said...

Snuffles is very cute! George II does look a little funny but you know how those monarchs are!

Elfie said...

The blue dragon is gorgeous, and George is very stylish. Lovely Smalls.

Katie said...

Well he's a dragon so I love him of course.

Tiffstitch said...

Love Snuffles! A blue dragon, what could be better? And hope George's minor surgery goes well. :)

Mary's Thread said...

That's a really cute dragon! Yes, blue suits him! Thanks for joining the SAL last month!

Leonore Winterer said...

That dragon is so cute - maybe a green one next, or purple?