Sunday 30 January 2022

The Loneliness Of Autumn - 250 hours

Hello everyone!

Would you believe it's two years since Leonore and I both started working on The Loneliness of Autumn by Leonid Afremov? What started out as a tongue-in-cheek suggestion of a SAL, following Serendipitous Jo's Autumn-themed People's Choice SAL, is now almost half complete. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!!

Here are the side-by-side comparison of my and Leonore's progress after two years. My chart is by Artecy, Leonore's by Love Thy Thread. Even though we are have completed roughly the same percentage wise, the difference between the two designs is quite noticeable. I've been very fortunate to have had lots of bright colours in comparison to Leonore, but I'm sure hers will start to brighten up soon:



Back to this year, and the first month brought me very close to the end of the current colour, but not quite. All that I have left are a few scattered stitches under the bench, but 10 hours is 10 hours so there I stopped!

Here are the 240 and 250 hour comparisons. The 606 just stitched was added in quite chunky blocks, and mostly around the red already there, so the difference is visible, especially on the middle right:



I reckon I've got about 15 minutes of 606 left (plus threading off some tails as I don't always do them as I go) before moving on to colour number 12, 919 red-copper, another lovely autumnal colour to add to the design.

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Cathy said...

This is so bright and colorful now. I can't believe it's been two years in the making, either.

Katie said...

Wow talk about time flying. No way has it been that long. Amazing. Love the way you ladies are stitching this one.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I agree, how time flies! It's amazing how different the two pieces look as well. Leonore probably has more different bright shades whereas you have less confetti in the bright colours?

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The two pieces look so different. It's hard to believe that your have been stitching on this for two years.

Faith... said...

It certainly doesn't seem like two years! It looks great. I see you said you are starting color number 12; how many colors are there?

Astrids dragon said...

Two years already?! Lovely progress, it's really looking nice and bright.

Leonore Winterer said...

That really is quite a difference! Also, so are much better at taking pictures of this, so I'll have to work on it!
Currently, I'm in a bit of a slump with TLoA, so I might allow myself to fall behind a little...but I promise I'll get caught up again, and soon!