Sunday 2 January 2022

People's Choice SAL - Designer Of 2022

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month (well, Sunday because I posted my 2022 plans yesterday and don't like doing two posts in one day) so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Designer of 2022, i.e. the designer I am looking forward to stitching the most.

Oooh, this should be a difficult one as there are so many to choose from! But one stands out above all others, and that is Hannah Dale, aka Wrendale Designs, for Bothy Threads.

So far I've only finished one of her designs, Parrot On Parade, and this year am desperate to finish Grow Your Own, or Walter as I've called him. My spreadsheet tells me he needs about another 50 hours of work to stitch all those yummy vegetables, and I know I'm going to enjoy every single one of them!


Grow Your Own


I have quite a few Hannah Dale things in the house, most of which have been gifts, as well as a few of her cross stitch kits. Luckily, not all of her characters appeal to me, but that still leaves an awful lot which do!

In future years I am hoping to work on at least one, if not all, of the following designs as I've decided I have to have a Hannah Dale somewhere among my WIPs. But which one to choose first?!

Crackers About Cheese


He's A Fun-Gi


Spice And Everything Mice


Hmmm... bit of a mouse theme going on there!!!

I wondered whether I would get bored stitching nothing but Hannah Dale designs for a whole year and I honestly don't think I would. And there's probably not many designers I, or anyone, could say that about!


But that's not all - I'd like to be really cheeky here and share a completely new-to-me designer I 'happened' to come across on etsy. She's called SugarStitchesDesign and mainly concentrates on months, Christmas and Halloween. I'm not really interested in the first two, but her Halloween 'BOOville' designs (and the way they're FFOd) really appeal to me. There are currently 12 in the series and, at the moment, they're only on my wishlist, but who knows when that will change! Here are my favourite four:




I have a feeling one or two fellow bloggers might like these, so I make no apologies for any enabling!!

And that's where I'll end. Next month's theme is Snow; probably perfect timing for the UK!

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Bothy Threads have some super designs although I have not stitched one. Thank you for enabling Sugar Stitches Designs, they are lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love those animal designs, we have a local artist called Sarah Reilly who designs in a similar style. I love her cards.
The Halloween are very cute, probably a little too much for me but they do look fun to stitch!

Ann C. said...

I'm not familiar with Hannah Dale. I really like the Grow Your Own and Crackers About Cheese. Looking forward to seeing which one you stitch next.

Cathy said...

I'm going to have to check out Sugar Stitches; her designs are so cute! Thanks for sharing! I do like Grow Your Own as well.

Faith... said...

Oh it is Walter! My most favorite of all! I love seeing his updates and hope to see many more!

Ok ok you got me... I am a sucker for Halloween so I'll be off to see Sugar Stitches even though I am NOT supposed to buy anything from Etsy (per myself). But putting them in my cart doesn't count, does it??

Katie said...

Our tastes are so similar I love all these too of course....not clicking the link not clicking the link....goes to click. Great check in. Can't wait to watch Walter grow.

Mary's Thread said...

The Hannah Dale designs are the sweetest. I will enjoy seeing you work on them. I haven't looked at Sugar Stitches in a long time. I saw her first few designs when she just started up and marked them with a HEART in my Etsy favorites, but she has so many new cute ones out now! Glad to see she's really doing well! These Halloween ones are darling!

Mary's Thread said...

Now that is an organized plan for the year! Have fun with all your stitching in 2022!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oooh yes. I finished my last Wrendale in June and I already miss working on them, so I think I'll have to work in a new start sometime soon! Walter is so cute, I can totally understand that you're looking forwards to working on him again.
The halloween designs are very cute too, and finished off gorgeously!

Annie said...

Those Halloween designs are so cute! I just have to check out her Xmas designs... like I need more charts to drool over...haha