Monday 1 June 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge - #9 Wonderful Fright

Hi all!

So this week marks the half way point of this new start binge, an attempt to start 17 projects over the course of 17 weekends. Tiff and Annie have been mad enough to join me and are, hopefully, continuing to enjoy it as much as I am.

So, having started four projects on blue fabric this month I decided to end with something different. I think it's perhaps a bit too pretty for the theme, but it went with the colour scheme, so I thought I'd give it a go.

This week's chart is this one:



And here's my progress over the weekend:

It's The Most Wonderful Fright Of The Year by Sue Hillis Designs
(or Wonderful Fright for short)
Stitched on 16ct Fairy Dust Cloud Lilac over-dyed aida by sewitall.com
Stitching time to date - 3 hours 5 minutes


I don't do many projects with words, so this has made a real change, and stitching the individual motifs made it feel as if I have already finished a few mini projects along the way.

Next week, how about jumping from Halloween to Christmas?

Take care,
Rachel x

9 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a great design, looking good so far

Linda said...

Great start and awesome design Rachel.

Linda

Cathy said...

Fun design! It looks great on the fabric you chose.

Tiffstitch said...

Oh, I love it! It definitely fits, and looks so good already.

Faith... said...

I love this chart (and feel like I have it somewhere) and the color of the fabric is perfect! You are right, it is nice doing letters and small motifs as each one feels like a small victory!

Annie said...

Oh my, this is STUNNING!!! I wish I had this project to start; the colours are amazing and the fabric is to die for!!! Your start is great too!
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Xmas project you will start this weekend:D
I'm also starting another Xmas project this weekend:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The design looks great on the fabric you choose, it is a very pretty but spooky choice!

Astrids dragon said...

I love the fabric for this one, it's going to look fantastic!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh I do love this one - great start!