Monday 22 June 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge - #12 Lady In Red

Hello again!

It's week 12 of this Spring Into Summer New Start Binge being undertaken by Tiff, Annie and myself, where we aim to start a new project each weekend during the months of April, May, June and July.

This week's new start was the third of Valerie Pfeiffer's Solos birds. This is Lady In Red, a beautiful cardinal.



We don't get cardinals in the UK but I've seen them appear on so many projects it's actually been lovely to stitch one! It wasn't my intention to stitch just the bird but once I'd started her I couldn't stop. She's almost complete, just hasn't been backstitched or have her feet or an eye:

Lady In Red by Heritage Crafts
Stitched on 16ct Dried Petal over-dyed aida
Stitching time to date - 5 hours


So next time I pick her up I've more or less just got the foliage to stitch.

Next week, another Winnie The Pooh.

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Linda said...

Cute start Rachel.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

I love this one! And I'm sorry you don't get to see cardinals. They're the favourite bird of many of my relatives. I'm sure it's not a good idea to introduce them, just like the starlings from the UK someone decided should live in the US/Canada. That's been an ecological disaster. They're very common if you're ever on this side of the pond, all year round.

Katie said...

Oh I love this one. I have it added to my wishlist. I love cardinals.

Cathy said...

I love cardinals, but I don't think I've ever seen one in person. I think I need to find this one!

Bethan said...

Such a great start - and such a lovely cardinal x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That was a speedy little birdie!
I thought the pictures were using artistic license for the bright colour until I saw a photo of one on someone's blog. They really are that bright red!

Annie said...

What a sweet little bird:) Seing what other people stitch is so inspiring, isn't it?
For exemple, I never celebrate Halloween, but when I see what other people stitch for Halloween I suddenly have the urge to do some Halloween projects, haha:D

Faith... said...

Great start on your Cardinal. It is ashamed that you do not get them there, as they are very pretty and it is "rumored" that if you see one it is a visit from someone from Heaven though I have never seen one.

Astrids dragon said...

Such a sweet cardinal, we are lucky enough to see them here. They are especially beautiful when they are out in the winter when everything is white with snow.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oooh, such pretty, rich reds! And another one that should be finished quickly, when you come back to her.