Monday 25 May 2020

Spring Into Summer New Start Binge - #8 Mouse Reading Book

Hello all!

Welcome to another post about the mad new start binge Tiff and Annie and I are undertaking between April and July in our attempt to start 17 new projects over 17 weekends. Pop over to their blogs to see what they've been up to too.

This week I went for another cutie, one of a collection of 30 Merry Mice.



There are probably a dozen or so I would like to stitch so it was just a case of whittling it down to which one first. I decided on number 21 which I have aptly named Mouse Reading Book! Here's a closer picture:



I didn't have too bad a weekend for stitching so managed to achieve a good amount, including some backstitching:

Mouse Reading Book by CutePatternsbyMaria (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Glacier over-dyed aida by sewitall.com
Stitching time to date - 5 hours 5 minutes


I've just realised that all four projects I've started this month have been on blue fabric so next week, and to mark the half-way point of this binge, I'm definitely going for a different colour. How does purple with white stars sound?

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

You certainly like a challenge, love the mouse, good luck with all your projects

Tiffstitch said...

There are so many cute choices, great one to start with! Also, yes, I really want to see the purple and white star fabric. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is so cute! And my favourite too. Although I also like 20 and 22. And one or two more LOL

Cathy said...

Good choice! So many to choose from though!

Faith... said...

I love that Mouse reading a book that is bigger than him! Well Purple 'might' be a good color! LOL

Annie said...

Oohh I looove the sound of purple with white stars...! Can't wait to see what you'll stitch on it:D Have a nice weekend <3

Bethan said...

They are all so cute! The detail on that book is incredible. Purple with white stars sounds pretty x

Linda said...

Another cute start Rachel.

Linda

Leonore Winterer said...

Such a cute mouse! And is seems the pattern is bigger than I would have thought from the picture, too.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, they all look adorable! Nice choice to start with the book, will you stitch them all?
Your new fabric sounds good.